The post office strikes again!

Rawleigh99

I just got a stockholder notice from a company that was mailed on December 15th. It's now May 25th. The company that mailed it is about 15 mi from me as a crow flies. They could have taped it to a turtle's shell and it would have been here by now!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

May 25th? What time zone you in? lmao!

I'm the wrong person to ask about the USPS right now.  Currently trying to find out where in the heck my missing Ebay treasure is.  The tracking number information is worthless as it says it is enroute, just late.  Said the same thing for the last 9 days and when I call the local post master, I get the same useless info.  This is the second time this month I have received lousy service from them.

If it ships usps i ask for it to be switched at a higher cost to ups. 

Imho they do this Mickey mousing to say "see we need more $"   But that's just my opinion

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

If it ships usps i ask for it to be switched at a higher cost to ups. 

Imho they do this Mickey mousing to say "see we need more $"   But that's just my opinion

each independent store can set prices for faux reasons $10 more for same package . 3boxs 5lb total $ 90 in town  $65 for 10 mile trip (further from destination) or $38 usps

neither honor $100 total destruction or replacement costs from scambay

We have a really good mail carrier. She tries really hard, does a good job and is pretty easy on the eyes. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MCC said:

I'm the wrong person to ask about the USPS right now.  Currently trying to find out where in the heck my missing Ebay treasure is.  The tracking number information is worthless as it says it is enroute, just late.  Said the same thing for the last 9 days and when I call the local post master, I get the same useless info.  This is the second time this month I have received lousy service from them.

Couple of years ago I Had a title to a truck I bought that showed in route for days with fedex. Showed the last scan was at Tulsa being loaded for my local fedex 2 hours west of Tulsa. Little did I know that I drove past a bad fatality wreck I knew was a fedex truck involved and it had burned up. After calling around to Tulsa then Enid and finding that truck never arrived to Enid I remembered the wreck and asked a lady at Tulsa if that was on the burned up truck in the ditch. All she would say is the computer shows a delay in delivery. My vehicle title was burned up on the side of the road and I would of never known if I didn’t happen to be driving on that road that day and the only reason I was looking for it was because I’d had the vehicle long enough the law had already given me warnings on not having it tagged yet and I couldn’t tag it without the title. USPS is pretty decent around me and the only problems I’ve really had was with a loan payment in Ohio. 

I just got burned on a shipment from my favorite  hardware store McMaster and Carr.  I purchase from them very often for miscellaneous support stuff.  Almost always it is shipable by UPS ground and Is 2 days from Atlanta to our  loading dock at less than $10 for a few pounds. Well we needed a 3' X 6' x 1/16"  sheet of FRP, Mcmaster had it for $59. shipable by freight only at added cost.  That was 2 ago weeks now and the added cost was $90. The 10# (oversized item for UPS shipping) item is scheduled now  to be delivered tomorrow Monday 26 April, I am not holding my breath. This is the first freight item I have been shipped in years and it is not a happy occasion! 

57 minutes ago, hagan said:

We have a really good mail carrier. She tries really hard, does a good job and is pretty easy on the eyes. 

Mail carriers the majority of the time has not been the issue. Its been the chain getting it to the mail carriers hand that's been the big problem. Mail goes to a hub and just sits, gets lost. 

My neice was watching a kids show at my Mom's house one day and they were going through how the mail system worked, ( cartoon form mind you) watching it was way more efficient than the actual mail service is. On it they actually figured out at the post office where the mail went instead of real life where even though you are mailing something across town. It has to go to the nearest processing center in whatever big City halfway across the state. It sitting there for 2 weeks than coming back maybe, or getting lost along the way. I told them that apparently the new mantra is mail is like good Bourbon. It has to age before you get it.

Do your local post offices have slots on the boxes. Maybe I’m the dumb one for thinking they should. For some reason I think they did have slots for envelopes when I was a kid on individual boxes. on 2 different occasions in 2 different towns I tried to drop a payment off at someone’s P.O. Box and I couldn’t do it. One lady took the envelope for me and put it in the rural water dept box for the water bill and all was fine. Few years later I stop to pay my dumpster bill and she wouldn’t help me there. They were both addressed envelopes and the second time I still had to post mark it so they could send it 100 miles away to bring it right back where it started from to get put in a box I walked right past on the way to the desk. 

59 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

100 miles away to bring it right back where it started from

That's the way FedEx Air works. It all goes to Memphis, gets sorted, then out to the destination. Fred Smith's thesis that he successfully turned into Federal Express.