Four pounds of meat...

29 minutes ago, New Englander said:

note that nowhere does it say that Joe Biden said any such thing but only states:

IF Comrade #46 had 'said' anything about this, it would have been unintelligible gibberish, BUT between his handlers, and his notes, which 'speak' for him, and the MEDIA who interprets what he 'says' to promote the agenda of this administration, YOU know that IS the official policy of this administration.

39 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Never mind, I found it in minutes. Joe Biden NEVER said any such thing. He has come up with a foolish climate change plan and the Daily Mail came up with this. Note that they SPECULATED that Americans would have to cut their red meat consumption to comply with the Center for Sustainable Systems  at Michigan's numbers. The fake news sites have picked it up and spread it. Please don't believe all the BS the fake news site "articles" spread. Use some common sense. Joe Biden isn't the brightest bulb but there's no way he would think of saying you can only have one burger a month. If it's not on the teleprompter he's unlikely to say much.

The Center for Sustainable Systems at Michigan University said cutting small diet-related greenhouse gas emissions by half could help reach those numbers by the 2030 target date.

To reach those numbers, the DailyMail speculated Americans will have to cut their red meat consumption by 90 percent, and cut other animals out by half.

Of course he is not going to put it that way. Comon sense tells me even the dimmest of politicians would realize that would be an extremely unpopular thing to admitt to, certainly their handlers/advisers would know it. 

No they are going to dither along about saving the world from the evils of capitalism/pollution and incentives to be more sustainable, which will most likely turn out to be any thing but. However IF they regulate and incentivise livestock production to nearly nothing the result would be the same would it not? If it's not available or too expensive to buy it amounts to the same thing right?

As far as eating plant based diets, I'm curious how there will be enough of that raised/ harvested if they are out to kill fossil fuels? 

• Like 2

Well I agree this is kind of a silly subject and I don’t ever see it happening but, Can we please get back to talking about tractor stuff guys? This is the second post on this after all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

Well I agree this is kind of a silly subject and I don’t ever see it happening but, Can we please get back to talking about tractor stuff guys? This is the second post on this after all. 

As much as I enjoy talking about tractors and equipment, I STRONGLY SUGGEST that we do talk about this.  In a CIVIL MANNER!!!

If WE do not talk about it, then take action, who will????????

• Like 11

1 minute ago, 1586 Jeff said:

As much as I enjoy talking about tractors and equipment, I STRONGLY SUGGEST that we do talk about this.  In a CIVIL MANNER!!!

If WE do not talk about it, then take action, who will????????

I agree with you! I guess the only reason I said something Was because there was another thread on the same thing yesterday. I guess I just enjoy coming here and reading tractor stuff and talking about that and not political stuff. 

The original poster said this and baited me, and, of course I took the bait and ran with it:

I have seen several articles about the global climate summit held Thursday at which it was announced by the  highest government official that a part of his plan to combat the "climate emergency" is to limit citizen's intake of red meat by 90% to 4, (yes, four), lbs per year , by 2030. The articles state that's the equivalent of 1 hamburger per month. Further, they will limit all animal sourced foods and products by 50% also by 2030. It appears that the current Secretary of Agriculture is in line with this scheme who is reported to have said that farmers and ranchers would be given "incentives", (welfare), to stop farming and ranching.

This was reported in the Montana Daily Gazette 4-24-2021 as well as many internet sources. I gather this is not a "far right wing conspiracy", ( for you NE), as it is reported it came right from the horse's mouth who finished with we'll get this done.

So with a few mouse clicks I found the actual information which I'll paraphrase here:

• Yes the Biden administration has come up with a climate change plan which calls for reduction of greenhouse gasses.
  • No, nowhere in his or any other administration speech was there any mention of limiting red meat consumption or burger consumption for that matter.
  • The Daily Mail appears to be the source of combining a study and doing the math and speculating that we would be limited to one burger a month.
  • Other "news outlets" picked up that report and deleted the "Speculated" part and reported it as fact.
  • The original poster stated that it came right from the horses mouth. No such thing happened and no such transcript will be found. In my opinion Joe Biden is incapable of such high math.

In closing let me state that I believe the stated "goal" of the administration is strictly playing to the far left and has little base in reality. I don't think the meat industry is in any serious danger but that doesn't mean that catering to the plant eaters isn't a smart financial move either. Plenty of idiots fall for the organic BS and some producers have made money selling to that growing market.

I find it shameful that any news outlet would pick up a story without vetting it, especially since an amateur can do it. I also think we should carefully read any story and not add anything to it like stating that it's from the horses mouth; better to pass the story verbatim. If it sounds too good to be true or too far fetched then do a little checking.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like an unenforceable idea and also a war against the ranching, feed producers, farmers and meat packing industry. Sounds like an excellent plan to me considering the millions of votes it will cost him pursuing this matter.

8 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

I agree with you! I guess the only reason I said something Was because there was another thread on the same thing yesterday. I guess I just enjoy coming here and reading tractor stuff and talking about that and not political stuff. 

has nothing to do with politics ,as ONLY the "ELITES"  are signing us up for it, and naturally does not apply to them

climate faux would be solved in 1 minute,

actually work for $ then,tax 125% over $300K yr....no way to fund the narrative

step 2  china india,korea etal  ,equal OUR rules 

no bats cats or rats to be eaten

close the 100x pollution ,work camps sending us %&^,

stop fossil fueled shipping same material ,5x around the world to get %$^( product only to toss every two.

let them eat rice and faux meat

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mmi said:

has nothing to do with politics ,as ONLY the "ELITES"  are signing us up for it, and naturally does not apply to them

climate faux would be solved in 1 minute,

actually work for $ then,tax 125% over $300K yr....no way to fund the narrative

step 2  china india,korea etal  ,equal OUR rules 

no bats cats or rats to be eaten

close the 100x pollution ,work camps sending us %&^,

stop fossil fueled shipping same material ,5x around the world to get %$^( product only to toss every two.

let them eat rice and faux meat

How is it not politics? It’s an idea that the current administration is talking about? And a silly unenforceable one at that. 

Two things to my response to this ....

I am perfectly fine with this ....... as long as I can use my scale to weigh the said 4 lbs of meat ......

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

Sounds like an unenforceable idea and also a war against the ranching, feed producers, farmers and meat packing industry. Sounds like an excellent plan to me considering the millions of votes it will cost him pursuing this matter.

The 2020 'election' proved that the votes of REAL Americans DO NOT count.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

They want to limit me to 4 lbs of beef a year I'm going to start eating democrats. I wonder what part will be the most tender?

On the bright side, won't have to get used to eating brains, as they don't really have any. 

Scary thing is, you think I'm kidding. 

• Haha 8

A friend of mine whose father in law was living in Eads CO when the railroad was built thru there and there was a lot of Indians staying there one winter and come spring the only dogs in town was the little house dogs that people had kept on a short leash and in the house.     Then when Iowa Beef came to Holcomb KS the vietnam people thinned the dog poplulation out pretty much to nothing.   I  hope if people have to go to eating their pets that Biden gets the first plate full 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitty said:

Two things to my response to this ....

I am perfectly fine with this ....... as long as I can use my scale to weigh the said 4 lbs of meat ......

Mind if I borrow that scale?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

Mind if I borrow that scale?

No problem, we can make more scales if more people want them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Cattech said:

They want to limit me to 4 lbs of beef a year I'm going to start eating democrats. I wonder what part will be the most tender?

On the bright side, won't have to get used to eating brains, as they don't really have any. 

They should be pretty good there grass fed!!

If I had to live the way they are proposing. I'd starve to death. So if they come for my red meat, they better come prepared. They'll eventually get me but I'll take a few straight to h--l with me

• Like 7

3 hours ago, The New Number One said:

Your statement is absolutely untrue.  The original poster stated "as it is reported" it came right from the horse's mouth

That's not much of a disclaimer. The whole post refers to complete fiction. No official said or even suggested restricting meat consumption.

However, the quoted source, the Montana Gazette, does not say that it came from the horses mouth, so the original poster spoke an untruth, adding something not in the article. I stand by my statements.

https://montanadailygazette.com/2021/04/24/bidens-climate-plan-limits-americans-to-4lbs-of-beef-per-year-would-kill-montana-economy/

OMG guys! NO ONE ever said anything about any meat limit. It's amazing how this stuff gets a life of its own. A newspaper, The Daily Mail, took the greenhouse gas reduction target, combined it with a Michigan University study, and THEY came up with the 4 lbs a year number.

The Center for Sustainable Systems at Michigan University said cutting small diet-related greenhouse gas emissions by half could help reach those numbers by the 2030 target date.

To reach those numbers, the DailyMail speculated Americans will have to cut their red meat consumption by 90 percent, and cut other animals out by half.