Tractor of the week # 7 1066

I bought this one in 2000 with a bad engine. I did the major engine overhaul in my shop. Another one saved. It was on it's way to a salvage yard. Was a couple miles south of me. Was at the right place at the right time. 

Screenshot_20210430-222406.jpg

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Looks like we may need two weeks for the 1066!

Wait till we get to the 806 and 856.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

Thank you for the serial number picture!??

If possible to get the + and - ones closest that’d be awesome!

I know I'm a week late, but I couldn't resist. My grandfather originally purchased this from Grinnell Implement in Grinnell, Iowa in 1975.  According to the serial number, it is the 331st black stripe 1066.

IH 1066 04.25.2020 (2).jpg

IH 1066 12.06.2020.jpg

• Like 9

They don't get much nicer than that.  How many hours?

It has a little over 5,000 hours.  It was completely torn down two years ago.  It received a complete front end overhaul, new clutch and T/A.  It was originally a non-air conditioning tractor, and so we installed a complete system using both 66 and 86 parts.  My favorite part about the whole restoration was that I was able to find NOS mirrors exactly like my grandfather installed when it was new.  The cab probably doubled the cost and time for the restoration, but I wanted to keep it like I remembered growing up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, height said:

It has a little over 5,000 hours.  It was completely torn down two years ago.  It received a complete front end overhaul, new clutch and T/A.  It was originally a non-air conditioning tractor, and so we installed a complete system using both 66 and 86 parts.  My favorite part about the whole restoration was that I was able to find NOS mirrors exactly like my grandfather installed when it was new.  The cab probably doubled the cost and time for the restoration, but I wanted to keep it like I remembered growing up.

Looks like you have an original style muffler too.

You did a beautiful job.

7 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

If possible to get the + and - ones closest that’d be awesome!

When I’m in the office next time, I’ll check things out, and get back to you!??

4 hours ago, height said:

I know I'm a week late, but I couldn't resist. My grandfather originally purchased this from Grinnell Implement in Grinnell, Iowa in 1975.  According to the serial number, it is the 331st black stripe 1066.

IH 1066 04.25.2020 (2).jpg

IH 1066 12.06.2020.jpg

You cant get much closer to looking brand new than that!