Farmall C three point hitch opinions

Blee25

I have been wanting to put a three point on my farmall c. I would like to use a three point 2 bottom plow, small cultivater, rear blade, 6 foot finish mower and a 6 foot disc. My question is which would work better? The normal after market three point hitch or putting a fast hitch on it with a three point adapter.

Anyone have experience with either setup?

Brandon

Is it a C or Super C?  FH is a direct bolt on for SC but will be needing a bit of fab on the leveling link if mounting on a C. Its no big deal to run without the link. Personally I’d go fast hitch instead of 3Point. The 3P Ive seen are a bit awkward. Adding a FH will make a nice tractor out of a C. I owned a C with FH for years. Cultivated tobacco all its life. Handy tractor. Kick myself for selling.  

• Like 1

I’ve  got 2 C’s with fast hitch, one straight C, one SC, have a 3 point adapter, it works fine for the few 3 point implements I have.

I’ve only seen 1 or 2 3 point conversions, I think they ran off the rock shaft and didn’t look too sturdy.

Thanks for the information. The hitch would be going on a regular c not a super. My other thought was to look for an H or M that has a three point hitch already. I figure either hitch set up for the c will cost me around $1000 and I have seen h and m with three points that people were asking around $1800 for. I could then just leave the woods belly mower on the c. I just have to convince the with I need another tractor.

I don't know if an H or M hitch would work without a lot of modification.  The axle housings, where they mount, are different on a C than on the other 2.

The 3 pts that I have seen on Cs have linkage rods up to the touch controls, just like a rear cultivator unit.  They look okay for pickup stuff up and down, but I don't know how well they would hold up if using them with a plow or something similar.

I've had a C for several years.  I think I'd rather put a 2 point on it, unless I found a 3 point for cheap, and wasn't intending to put a plow on it much.

I have a super C that I added the fast hitch to. It can be done to a C by swapping out the seat support box with the one with a hole for the rock shaft, auxiliary valve and tubes, hitch . I like the fast hitch on that. I have a frontal set of 2 row cultivators on this tractor all the time now .