Found a steiger I can afford

Youngred2000

They are neat tractors to look at and think about how much fun you could have driving one. I have had many employees over the years who thought just that. They can be caught staring at that Steiger Cougar 1000 in the barn just thinking about how much fun they’re going to have. They can’t wait to get in there. They can all tell you that the fun wears off pretty quick. Halfway through the first day pulling that John Deere 726 finisher smoothing up ruts and ditches in front of the planter they have had enough. There was never a fight amongst the experienced employees about who was going to run it, they would gladly let anyone who wanted to bounce around in that cab all day. 

• Haha 1

I've always wanted one, and now that I've got one I can't wait till the next time to drive it and work it.  It is a very therapeutic piece of equipment.   It will pull any thing that isn't too big for it,  just like my Super H.   It would pull the kinks out of the Mississippi River if you could get it hooked up.  

GT&T

?

IMG_20190415_192059.jpg

• Like 8

I used to run a cih 9280 when I worked for the neighbor and it was my second favorite thing that he had to run next to his 1026. He sold the 9280 last month on auction he was hoping to be close to the$50k he paid in 2012 he got $17,500 for it 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GT&T said:

I've always wanted one, and now that I've got one I can't wait till the next time to drive it and work it.  It is a very therapeutic piece of equipment.   It will pull any thing that isn't too big for it,  just like my Super H.   It would pull the kinks out of the Mississippi River if you could get it hooked up.  

GT&T

?

IMG_20190415_192059.jpg

That’s a sharp looking tractor, GT&T!! Did you have it repainted, or is that original condition?

3 hours ago, GT&T said:

GT&T

?

IMG_20190415_192059.jpg

Very nice tractor, Fred!!! Glad to see you back on here, too!!

Alan

Thank you.   I've been very occupied for some time now,   I have however been following along and this forum has been very therapeutic for me.

Fred

• Like 1