Note to farmers with animals

bob01230

Yesterday I was traveling in PA. North of Williamsport.  Along the highway, down in a valley was a large dairy farm.  On the side of the highway was two men, in the  trees, in camo with spotting scopes looking down at the farm. I guarantee that they were not bird watching. As a former dairy farmer we need to remember that eyes may be on us at all times. I remember the time animal activists visited me. One day, a family stopped and asked" can my kids see your cows"  then the questions started. How do you do this and that. Thay asked what do they eat, " can we see some"  to keep this short, after they left I realized that kept the sample and the questions were not the typical city dweller questions. They were trained and were hiding behind there kids. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Worse than the rights activists are the anti- everything people, they are only concerned with shutting your operations down, not interested in the cows.. or anything 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

If you aren't doing anything wrong and everything is kept well, you have no worry.  

Well what we know  as well kept,proper animal  treatment is not what some with ZERO knowledge of animals think it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Worse than the rights activists are the anti- everything people, they are only concerned with shutting your operations down, not interested in the cows.. or anything 

You will have to carefully and slowly explain to me the difference.  I haven’t seen it yet.  

Yea, that has been their goal from day one.  All of them.  If you will note, they have no interest in working with the people they target, only putting them out of business.  I have/had a front row seat to that . . . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gearclash said:

You will have to carefully and slowly explain to me the difference.  I haven’t seen it yet.  

Yea, that has been their goal from day one.  All of them.  If you will note, they have no interest in working with the people they target, only putting them out of business.  I have/had a front row seat to that . . . 

I think that there are/were some definitely misguided, but genuinely concerned people who protest every bit of animal whatever everywhere. 
the offended by everything, dairy is evil, seem to be a whole new breed of hypocrite. My wife's cousin is one , gotten to the point on family vacations I just get in my boat and leave for as many hours as i need to to not deal with her. 

45 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Iowa is on the way to passing a law making it illegal to trespass on farms and photograph or videotape the operations there.

Good.  D’you suppose that will include unannounced EPA/DNR surveillance as well?  My neighbor with a sizable feedlot had the DNR show up unannounced and start looking things over -- with a drone. 

4 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

My neighbor with a sizable feedlot had the DNR show up unannounced and start looking things over -- with a drone. 

Law enforcement has decided that private property, (outside of a limited area around your home (known as curtilage) is NOT covered by the FOURTH amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=institute+for+justice+tennessee+cameras&ab_channel=InstituteforJustice

The Institute For Justice, is pursuing an instance in Tennessee, where law enforcement (game wardens) placed cameras on private land, to observe the if the landowners were hunting out of season.

Further proof that law enforcement is 'trained' to view the Constitution as a "meaningless scrap of paper", that has NO relevance in the modern age of 'national crisis' and 'locally grown domestic terrorists', because it hampers their 'efforts' to do their 'job'.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gearclash said:

Good.  D’you suppose that will include unannounced EPA/DNR surveillance as well?  My neighbor with a sizable feedlot had the DNR show up unannounced and start looking things over -- with a drone. 

All these private drones need shot down.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MTO said:

All these private drones need shot down.

Probably not just the private ones..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gearclash said:

A few years back I came across a couple people walking in one of my pastures. 

Leaving my creek and heading towards my boundary with Nebr National Forest ground. 

Their pace picked up when they heard me coming but I intercepted them easy. 

They introduced themselves as Forest Rangers and said they had heard there were trout in my stream. Had I seen any. 

"Not in my 20 some years of being here" and politely reminded them they were on private ground and I liked knowing who was on me.(neighbors don't need to worry, we all get along). If they wanted permission in the future I would appreciate a call from them. Never heard from them again nor do I expect to. 

Now I must admit my answer to the trout question was biased more towards limiting any future interest/interaction than the actual truth. They got enough ground to play on with their college educated ideas, they don't need mine. 

This drone things bothers me as they can be more sneaky and brave. 

• Like 4

Funny how all those "advocates" use roads and infrastructure and many other things the government funds with tax dollars of which in part come from animal ag. Not to mention the businesses that animal ag supports directly and indirectly

F'ing hypocrites

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

A few years back I came across a couple people walking in one of my pastures. 

Leaving my creek and heading towards my boundary with Nebr National Forest ground. 

Their pace picked up when they heard me coming but I intercepted them easy. 

They introduced themselves as Forest Rangers and said they had heard there were trout in my stream. Had I seen any. 

"Not in my 20 some years of being here" and politely reminded them they were on private ground and I liked knowing who was on me.(neighbors don't need to worry, we all get along). If they wanted permission in the future I would appreciate a call from them. Never heard from them again nor do I expect to. 

Now I must admit my answer to the trout question was biased more towards limiting any future interest/interaction than the actual truth. They got enough ground to play on with their college educated ideas, they don't need mine. 

This drone things bothers me as they can be more sneaky and brave. 

I own a farm that has a endangered snail (ya).  I'm a rebel and don't care for enforcements ! I told them they are not welcome here but if they want to be here bring wallet for snooping  fee ! Btw better hurry 200 head of feeder pigs are going to make those snails really endangered. It did make it all the way to a state senator calling ! Wife answered phone and i said "HE CAN GO DUCK HIMSELF TO " loud enough he heard . Bride was so proud of me she didn't speak for week over that ! But they leave me alone now . They were having the ASCS guy send me letters about wetlands that I used to start brush piles on fire . Being a cs sometimes pays off.

• Like 1