I am ready to work start working ground today........not!

Farmerboy72

27 minutes ago, Farmerboy72 said:

IMG_1989.JPG

It's headed our way unfortunately

1 hour ago, Farmerboy72 said:

IMG_1989.JPG

You guys got more down there than we did in my part of Michigan. 

We were literally getting ready to plant some early soybeans yesterday. Had seed in the seed wagon and were about to leave when we had a snow squall roll through. Nothing stuck but we decided to wait til after lunch to start to see what was going to happen. It picked up snowing and didn't stop til night so we never went. Majority melted until night when it started sticking. Have a good dusting this morning.

• Like 1

Our snow covering 

20210421_084325.jpg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:We were literally getting ready to plant some early soybeans yesterday. Had seed in the seed wagon and were about to leave when we had a snow squall roll through. Nothing stuck but we decided to wait til after lunch to start to see what was going to happen. It picked up snowing and didn't stop til night so we never went. Majority melted until night when it started sticking. Have a good dusting this morning.

Forgive my ignorance, I know nothing about snow. If you had gps could you plant while it’s snowing?

2 hours ago, gearheadmb said:

We had 4" on the ground when I got up for work. This is bullshit.

We've got at least that much here in Defiance County.

Here in the uk we are very cold and dry no rain this April frosts at night for 2weeks oil seed rape (canola) flowers hit hard by frost and not setting, winter wheat turning ginger particularly were they have been sprayed ,spring cereals very slow emergence through lack of moisture and uneven germination,sugar beet seem ok at the minute the weather is very similar to last year filthy wet autumns difficult drilling winter cereals and lifting sugar beet the fields turn to mud and it keeps raining until end of February then it drys so quickly it turns to concrete is this climate change? 

1 hour ago, wombwell said:

Here in the uk we are very cold and dry no rain this April frosts at night for 2weeks oil seed rape (canola) flowers hit hard by frost and not setting, winter wheat turning ginger particularly were they have been sprayed ,spring cereals very slow emergence through lack of moisture and uneven germination,sugar beet seem ok at the minute the weather is very similar to last year filthy wet autumns difficult drilling winter cereals and lifting sugar beet the fields turn to mud and it keeps raining until end of February then it drys so quickly it turns to concrete is this climate change? 

Welcome "Wombwell"  Great bunch of folks Here!!

You will enjoy the Honest attempt By My Fellow Forum Members to Keep the Facts & Fiction Tales,    somewhat truthful!!

We Like Pictures!!   Post some photo's your community when you get a chance.

Jim Droscha

• Like 2