9 hours ago, ray54 said:

Pulling the blankets up on the bed after getting up  I screwed something up in my shoulder a month ago.  More or less better, until I lay wrong on it. I am the real wimp cannot get out of bed without getting hurt.

Funny you mentioned that because I can't remember what I did to set this off. Could have been something simple like that. Could have been something as simple as helping the old gray dog in the pickup. He can pull with his front end but back end is weak. He puts kid front feet on the running board and I follow with his back end as he walks in. He still weighs 110#so I have to pay attention.

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Gordon????  On the reservation???

On Nebraska side of border but get a lot of rez traffic.

They offer all services including NH and JD dealerships pizza hut bomgaars etc

53 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Dang Jeff that doesn't sound so good. If I understood right you got it popped back in? Hope it's better today for you. 

I rolled around on bed last night using pillow for fulcrum and arm for lever and think it is in. Feels different today, still hurts like all billy **** if try to bring it up past 45°.

Today is going to be interesting. 

Getting dressed was enough of an adventure. 

Guess I'm turning into a big wussy too☹️😆

• Sad 1

I tour my rota cuff 15 years back doc gave me a shot of cordozone worked like a charm been fine ever after but it sucks getting old

• Like 1

I had surgery on my left shoulder 10-15 years ago. What worked for me before the repair was to have someone grab hold of it and pull slow but hard and then twist it while releasing and it would go back in.

My right shoulder getting pretty bad not with dislocation but a lot of pain and is due for surgery now and has been for a number of years but I can’t seem to find a good time to be without my right arm for 6 weeks. My go to when my wife is chewing on ear my about it is “maybe next winter...” 😆

• Like 1

How did the branding go for you Jeff. Hope your shoulder is doing alittle better. Did the EMT's give you any advise? Take care of that shoulder it's no fun shifting them gears with a sore shoulder. Been there done it more times then I'd like to admit to.

• Thanks 1

8 years ago, Dad slipped on the ice and hit his shoulder on the running board of the truck as he fell.  The doctor wanted to perform surgery.   Dad refused.  It did heal slowly.  He can barely reach above his head with that arm now.  He lost a lot of strength in that arm. 

• Like 1

I dislocated my left shoulder years ago when I fell off a motorcycle while doing a wheelie, it took years before the shoulder quit randomly popping out of its socket.

Then years later, while removing the rear driveshaft from some POS Versashit, it drug my right arm through the hole in the crossmember, and pretty much destroyed the bicep, to the point where I can't hold much weight at arms length.

After all the bruising went away, I went to the doctor, and he had me test it by grasping his hand to see if I could pull him towards me, since he was a little guy, I drug him about half-way across the room before he pronounced it 'good'.

This is NOT the only reason that I HATE Versashit 4WD 'tractors.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:48 AM, ZG6E said:

I had surgery on my left shoulder 10-15 years ago. What worked for me before the repair was to have someone grab hold of it and pull slow but hard and then twist it while releasing and it would go back in.

My right shoulder getting pretty bad not with dislocation but a lot of pain and is due for surgery now and has been for a number of years but I can’t seem to find a good time to be without my right arm for 6 weeks. My go to when my wife is chewing on ear my about it is “maybe next winter...” 😆

The EMT's where I tested bulls told me to have someone hold my arm straight out to the side and bent up at the elbow, kinda like throwing a ball. Have them twist down 180 degrees so hand is pointing straight down. Supposed to roll it right back into place. I said I thought it was back in but I would let them do that. Nope, they were not able to do that to someone at their level of EMT. They take it very serious and would not risk their license. The vet or her helper would not do it either. Dang girl vets😄

17 hours ago, Wes806 said:

How did the branding go for you Jeff. Hope your shoulder is doing alittle better. Did the EMT's give you any advise? Take care of that shoulder it's no fun shifting them gears with a sore shoulder. Been there done it more times then I'd like to admit to.

Branding went real well. I still couldn't raise my arm above 45 degrees but everything I do cutting calves is kneeled down, bent over, below waist level. 

The guy has about 600 cows and his branding trailer has two stoves so drag out of the pen to either side of trailer.

I told Mark I wasn't sure how it would go, if I would be able to keep up (thought I would at least have someone else on my side). Have someone ready to step in. I was able to cut my side by myself the entire branding so don't feel I let anyone down. 

14 hours ago, Allen Ulmer said:

Don’t cowboys drink whiskey with their breakfast to fix aches and pains??

Not sure about cowboys but................I am not a pill popper so had my small traveling bottle of "medicinal" Crown along and took a couple pulls before the first bunch and a couple more between each pen. 

My shoulder went from night before last "crap, don't do that" hurt to "well, we are feeling better and think we will go ahead and heal" hurt.😆

It is a bit sore today but it is a good, gonna get better sore, most of the edge has come off. I cancelled my appointment with the chiropractor that my wife made when i was whining like a little girl night before last. No point in taking up time from someone who really needs it.  

Going to find out about shifting this afternoon but not too worried, the 13sp in the KW shifts real nice. 

Thanks for all the help and encouragement guys!😃

• Like 1

I was a swimmer for a long time. I feel very confident saying this. Don't blow off a shoulder injury. Shoulders are not meant to do a lot of the things we do with them, including swimming. Further, they're a complex collection of many, many tiny, delicate muscles and other little parts. They often don't fix themselves, and the injury will follow you for life if unaddressed, whereas repairs are usually pretty simple.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i knew rubbing dirt on it would do the trick

After that shot of Crown.

• Haha 1

If there was that much pain then something happened. Might be a good idea to see the doctor anyway. If your nervous about visiting the doctor [ I’m not a fan myself ] then schedule yourself a colonoscopy. It will take your mind off the shoulder issue completely. 🤣🤣.

• Haha 1

Maybe you should go to Lorenzo’s favorite tire shop and see if they are willing to twist your arm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got a call from cobfly this morning. He saw this thread and said he had similar pain.

Orthapedist suspected bone spurs, MRI confirmed and a simple outpatient grinding away fixed it.

A lot of what he told me rang true. 

One more thing to consider with all the fine suggestions above.

Just to let you know Ron's suggestion of going to lorenzo's tire shop is leading  by 5 lengths😍

One of the nurses from my CDL phys called and said hospital has no record of my last colonoscopy. Well, I sure as **** remember it. 

Gee whizzers people, get me in there once and now they want to give me frequent flier miles. 🥺🤠

• Haha 2