ih 666 jerky weak hydruolics ????

May be air getting into the system or not enough hydraulic oil make sure its full

38 minutes ago, timothy nolt said:

oil is over full  new filter 30 hrs ago do you think i should check the filter

IH Hytran ?   doesn't mean much if you used cheap oil because filter waxed up or water soaked. 656 666 686 i have all of them and they seem to collect water in case even when in shed . Mine does same when filter is plugged. Quit using cheap hyd oil and fixed leaks filled with hytrans and still needs filter every 6 months.

This should not be related to your recent oil & filter change, but I have seen this problem caused by a broken tube in the rear end housing. This tube comes off of the bottom of the 3pt valve/cylinder and runs down and the end of it sticks part way into the end of the hyd pump supply suction tube. It is sort of a super charge line that sends return oil from the 3pt valve area into the hyd pump suction tube. If this line has any sort of crack or hole in it above the rear end oil level it will allow air into the hyd pump circuit. If you pull the 3rd link cover you can see where it attaches under the rockshaft housing. The part number of this upper portion of this tube is 66146C1 and it is shown under DRIVE TRAIN, REAR FRAME, SPACER AND COVER under the chassis section on the 666 parts listing. Earlier tractors (656) had a chunk of rubber hose in this line that would fail, but I think on later tractors it is a metal tube its entire length.  I had a Hydro 70 once that the tube was just starting to crack where the end flange was attached to the pipe and it was not very easy to see the problem, I think we finally found it by pulling the pipe and inspection it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pirlbeck said:

This should not be related to your recent oil & filter change, but I have seen this problem caused by a broken tube in the rear end housing. This tube comes off of the bottom of the 3pt valve/cylinder and runs down and the end of it sticks part way into the end of the hyd pump supply suction tube. It is sort of a super charge line that sends return oil from the 3pt valve area into the hyd pump suction tube. If this line has any sort of crack or hole in it above the rear end oil level it will allow air into the hyd pump circuit. If you pull the 3rd link cover you can see where it attaches under the rockshaft housing. The part number of this upper portion of this tube is 66146C1 and it is shown under DRIVE TRAIN, REAR FRAME, SPACER AND COVER under the chassis section on the 666 parts listing. Earlier tractors (656) had a chunk of rubber hose in this line that would fail, but I think on later tractors it is a metal tube its entire length.  I had a Hydro 70 once that the tube was just starting to crack where the end flange was attached to the pipe and it was not very easy to see the problem, I think we finally found it by pulling the pipe and inspection it.

That's what happened on my 656 once when I was plowing it wouldn't lift the plow up 

On 4/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, shot_gun_red said:

IH Hytran ?   doesn't mean much if you used cheap oil because filter waxed up or water soaked. 656 666 686 i have all of them and they seem to collect water in case even when in shed . Mine does same when filter is plugged. Quit using cheap hyd oil and fixed leaks filled with hytrans and still needs filter every 6 months.

shaeffers hydraulic oil so no cheap stuff             metal filter part was plugged   now they work again hope this helps sombody

• Like 1