Dealing with metric tractors

ray54

Trying to confirm I have oil pressure on a Kubota, with wiring for gauges has been gone for 20 years. The sending unit seems 1/8 pipe and screws into a 1/8 pipe thread, but gauge will not screw into block. So I am guessing a metric thread just a hair smaller?  

37 minutes ago, Owen Aaland said:

Does the sending unit have tapered threads or does it use a gasket?

There could of been gasket. A bit of white gunk, thought was silicone gasket goo. 

43 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Aftermarket gauge to your block?

That was my thought. No functioning gauges in the 20 plus years. Was from a meg orchard corporation farm by the way things where torn up on it. But now the red light was on saying no oil pressure.  At this time just to confirm it has pressure. 

Like Boog said, it is probably BSPT or Rc, British Standard Pipe Thread, Tapered.  For a 1/8" thread, NPT is 27 threads per inch, BSPT is 28 threads per inch.  From experience, the two will thread into each other, but it won't feel right as it tightens up, and it won't seal without a lot of pipe dope or thread tape...

On a kubota I have to guess metric threads . My Chevy truck when I put in a new 350 I had to adapt all the gauges . Old was pipe thread , newer was oO-ring base metric 

Grease up an 1/8 pipe tap and make her murrican?

• Like 1

I put an aftermarket gauge on our dt245 years ago when the oil light started acting up. I called the dealer and as far as I can recall they told me to take a standard pipe nipple and put sealer on it and thread it in, close enough they said.  Then adapted to gauge from there. Think I used a brass nipple but would have to look.

By the way the gauge is still there and working. Never went back to the light tho a new sender would have fixed it.