806 #1 up for sale

IHC5488

Ken Updike used to own this I think

1 minute ago, IHC5488 said:

Ken owned it at one time and I believe he sold it to Richard Lantis out of Michigan.   Not sure who bought it after that.

Richard's kids are the ones selling it. I think one of our members here is the current high bidder. https://www.girardbid.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=843&itemId=243610#auctionId%3D843%26noCache%3Dfalse%26keyword%3D806%26categoryName%3D

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Richard's kids are the ones selling it. I think one of our members here is the current high bidder. https://www.girardbid.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=843&itemId=243610#auctionId%3D843%26noCache%3Dfalse%26keyword%3D806%26categoryName%3D

Richard brought it to 2003 Bloomsburg RPRU, and after the Red Power group got done admiring it, he asked "anyone want to drive it?". Heck yes, I took it for a spin. Thanks, Richard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Borghoff and Updike owned it. Consigned to Mez' sale.

Didn’t know Borghoff owned 501.  I’m pretty sure he and Larry Eipers owned #502 together, the first 806 diesel.  

6 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Borghoff and Updike owned it. Consigned to Mez' sale.

They own the first diesel with wide front and not the gas 806 (unless I had missed something) 

Borghoff and Eipers have F-806 # 502...this is a DIESEL.  They have owned that tractor over 20 + years now....

The F-806 #501 I sold many, many moons ago Richard Lantis.  He died not too long after buying that.  

I knew of both of these tractors long before they were "saved".  The #502 was for sale.....but the asking price for #502 was in the stratosphere and it had been heavily updated with non original parts.  It would take some $$$ to bring it back to original.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Red 56 Turbo said:

Didn’t know Borghoff owned 501.  I’m pretty sure he and Larry Eipers owned #502 together, the first 806 diesel.  

That is correct..Sad to say Borghoff has passed away I'm told .

On 4/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, TP from Central PA said:

What happened to all the tractor Richard had?  He had a pile of them.............I seem to remember the family selling some, but not others..............But my memory is failing too.

I have the gold 1456

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

well it sold .....................................41K........

I saw that. The bidding went crazy yesterday!

I don't think it's that bad . My neighbor had paid 35k for a JD 330U .. there was only one first production model serial number 501 806 made . It was bid on by at least 2 people to go that high 

41 minutes ago, bitty said:

I don't think it's that bad . My neighbor had paid 35k for a JD 330U .. there was only one first production model serial number 501 806 made . It was bid on by at least 2 people to go that high 

I agree it wasn't out of line on price. What surprised me was how much it jumped in price from yesterday afternoon to the end of the auction.

1 hour ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Maybe people are finally catching on to the fact that the only bidding that counts in an on line auction is the last 5 minutes or so.

Any type of auction comes down to the last bid