49 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Yes 

Yes 

Yes 

48 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Yes 

Boy, she DID leave you a disgruntled man!

• Like 1
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm probably going to be the odd man out but dog needs to be put down.  What if it hits a child in the neck next time around.

I'm the second person he's hit in the last 4 months.  BK.

No, they don't bite.  Came in second place with the neighbor's German Shepherds, last Friday.  Was out fixing wind damage to the backyard fence.  Neighbor lady came out with her dogs to chat, the dogs

Posted Images

If my dog attacked your dog unprovoked and aggressive I would put it down whether you agreed or not

If your dog killed a dog I like, mine or not,  I'll put it down, whether you agree or not, without asking first.

And I wouldn't care about your feelings afterward.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

@MTO, c’mon, use your head.  The key is “unprovoked”.  Animals that are supposed to safe to be around and prove that they are not need to go.  Animals that are generally  known to be dangerous, like cows (depending on the breed) you are expected to know that and watch out for yourself.  That being said, particularly dangers cows need to go to slaughter.  My life is too short to spend it fighting with homicidal critters.  The animals are there for our benefit, not the other way around, although we do have a responsibility to care for them properly.

Well, I try to use it but things get all cloudy in there.

I think it has more to do with the VALUE of said animal opposed to anything.

Dogs are indispensable. 

But take that opinion over to the "Dog thread" and you`ll get feathers ruffled.

• Like 1

Just last night at 4am, Keaton my coyote/husky was at the door growling.

He is 6ish and has NEVER growled.

I snapped his shock collar on and let him out.

As I reached for my gun I heard an awful fight ensuing. 

I stepped out and he had a coon... sorry, RACcoon by the neck.

The coon... excuse me, RACcoon slipped free and escaped outside Keaton`d invisible fence. 

Now, had that been a human robbing me and got chewed up, Keaton would be a hero, right?

Or should I still blow his brains out?

Jass?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

If my dog attacked your dog unprovoked and aggressive I would put it down whether you agreed or not

If your dog killed a dog I like, mine or not,  I'll put it down, whether you agree or not, without asking first.

And I wouldn't care about your feelings afterward.

Ah-HA!

So there is only one solution.

Years back before everyone got home security systems and motion lights, most had dogs.

Nasty dogs.

Some were tied and some were freed at night.

You didn`t get out of your car before they collared the dog SO a biting dog was an asset. 

51 minutes ago, MTO said:

Just last night at 4am, Keaton my coyote/husky was at the door growling.

He is 6ish and has NEVER growled.

I snapped his shock collar on and let him out.

As I reached for my gun I heard an awful fight ensuing. 

I stepped out and he had a coon... sorry, RACcoon by the neck.

The coon... excuse me, RACcoon slipped free and escaped outside Keaton`d invisible fence. 

Now, had that been a human robbing me and got chewed up, Keaton would be a hero, right?

Or should I still blow his brains out?

Jass?

And other than your children what do you have that can’t be replaced? Most likely said robber would sue your insurance for pain and suffering and loss of work thanks to the dog.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

And other than your children what do you have that can’t be replaced? Most likely said robber would sue your insurance for pain and suffering and loss of work thanks to the dog.

Aw he!!, I`ll just go home tonight and blow ALL theirs brains out so I don`t get sued or offend someone!

I apologize BB.

I took your post and highjacked it.

I hope you heal up fast.

Just pretend you slid the bike down the road after some idiot blew all his grass onto it.

It won`t hurt as bad and make a better bar-room story. 

Good luck.

• Haha 1

Been getting calls, from their claims adjuster.  He didn't seem to have a clue about these dogs.  Does a home owner need to advise their insurance company about pets?  We had to leave our last dog in England, so I'm not up on this.  BK.

• Like 1

I was told by an insurance agent that if you post a sign that says “Beware of Dog” or “ Mean Dog on sight” or something similar then that’s an admission that you know your dog is dangerous and therefor can be sued if it bites because you knew it was dangerous, 

• Confused 2
16 minutes ago, Brady Boy said:

Been getting calls, from their claims adjuster.  He didn't seem to have a clue about these dogs.  Does a home owner need to advise their insurance company about pets?  We had to leave our last dog in England, so I'm not up on this.  BK.

ours has never asked, but then again our agent usually lets himself into my truck in the morning to give my dog a biscuit...so I guess he already knows. there is a dog bone bin next to the cash register at the local store, if I stand around for 20-30 mins shooting the breeze the dog makes out very well... I would say she averages about 4-6 bones a trip😆

• Haha 1

I have to comment on this. Over the last 30 or so years I’ve had more than a dozen rescue dogs, most as puppies but a couple that were only with us a year or two.

Only one ever turned bad, adopted as a puppy but by the time he was a year and a half he had become uncontrollable, had to keep him on a leash, got loose once and took out one of our free range chickens that the other two dogs ignored. Knocked me on the ground more than once while on the leash. Snapped at me, unprovoked, did it again 2 weeks later. Decided he was becoming a danger, the next ‘snap’ might be a bite.

Took him to the Vet (who happens to be my sister) to have him put down, had to give him 4 times the normal tranquilizers just to get him in the car to take him to her clinic.

I sat on the floor and held his paw as he passed with tears running down my face - I’m having trouble keeping my eyes dry writing this and it was over 4 years ago.

His ashes are in a box on my bookshelf.

I feel that I failed him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
52 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I was told by an insurance agent that if you post a sign that says “Beware of Dog” or “ Mean Dog on sight” or something similar then that’s an admission that you know your dog is dangerous and therefor can be sued if it bites because you knew it was dangerous, 

Makes sense to me.  In our litigous society I would think any competent attorney would argue the owner with the warning signs knew the animal was dangerous. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brady Boy said:

I'm very sorry for your situation.  I think it depends on the insurance company or broker.  After 1 incident I am sure they should have advised or disclosed to them.  On our rental properties we need to disclose dog age breed etc.  We make the tenants have their own rental policy which covers basic issues and their negligence to a degree.  On our farm policy we need to disclose quite a bit.  We have managed to stay claim free but I would imagine if we were caught lying or not disclosing what is asked we would be in a sticky situation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dave Downs said:

I have to comment on this. Over the last 30 or so years I’ve had more than a dozen rescue dogs, most as puppies but a couple that were only with us a year or two.

Only one ever turned bad, adopted as a puppy but by the time he was a year and a half he had become uncontrollable, had to keep him on a leash, got loose once and took out one of our free range chickens that the other two dogs ignored. Knocked me on the ground more than once while on the leash. Snapped at me, unprovoked, did it again 2 weeks later. Decided he was becoming a danger, the next ‘snap’ might be a bite.

Took him to the Vet (who happens to be my sister) to have him put down, had to give him 4 times the normal tranquilizers just to get him in the car to take him to her clinic.

I sat on the floor and held his paw as he passed with tears running down my face - I’m having trouble keeping my eyes dry writing this and it was over 4 years ago.

Dave,

I commend you for putting forth the effort with “Fido” that you did.  Many would not have tried so hard.  The fact that you wept for him then and still weep for him now, four years later, tells how much you cared for him.

Rest In Peace “Fido”, Rest In Peace.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, MTO said:

Ok, if my cow kicks you and snaps your leg in 2 requiring multiple surgeries, should I blow it`s brains out?

Yes

If a animal unprovoked attacks a human we have the morsl responsible to kill it.  

Cow attacked my fil breeded the other day.   Significant injuries   100% out of no where in barn   She was beef by 24 hrs

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MTO said:

Boy, she DID leave you a disgruntled man!

No a man with respect for humans vs animals.

Why you such a cranky ass the last 6 months anyways?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, MTO said:

Aw he!!, I`ll just go home tonight and blow ALL theirs brains out so I don`t get sued or offend someone!

You are nut.  Get some help.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, MTO said:

53 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

In regards to your above response to MTO above that, I BELIEVE that Mark was being sarcastic.  Unfortunately sarcasm does not effectively show up in typed out text.

54 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Why you such a cranky ass the last 6 months anyways?

You might not be aware of it Troy, but Mark has ALWAYS been cranky and cantankerous!!!

His nephew Seth seems to think that Mark is overtired needs a nap.  Seth is always telling Mark that he “needs laid”, which I assume means that Mark needs to lay down for a nap....

Such strange language that the Pennsyltuckian Mechanic and Vermontonian Electrician use with each other!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Speaking of needing help, how`s Ace doing nowadays?

14 hours ago, Dave Downs said:

You are a good man Dave.

I knew that from the short visit we had at RPR. 

15 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Where would we be without good old Dewey/Screw`em and Howe law firms.....

• Haha 1