966 P-pump swap?

Drewu223

Just curious as to what it takes to swap an A or P pump onto a 966. I know I'll need the adapter to physically mount the pump, lines, bigger injectors, etc. I'm just trying to get a list together and hopefully figure out where I can buy everything I need. Obviously going to be just a strict pulling tractor

You need to decide on which pump you are actually gonna run because the adapter plates,hubs and gears can be very different

45 minutes ago, acem said:

It would be easier to install the inline pump that was offered on the dt466. 

That’s not really correct - It wouldn’t be much easier and it wouldn’t get you very far.  The only inline pump offered to my knowledge on the DT466A/B/C was an MW Bosch, and pullers seem to hate that pump with a notable passion.  

An MW doesn’t have ability to support over 300 to 400hp, and requires significant work to make any better (custom machine work).

The first reply is the way to go - pick a pump and then source an adapter plate and hub from a pulling shop/pump guy.  

You need the drive gear and the adaptor that the pump mounts to on the back side of the front cover . A setup off a truck motor or a newer Ag application 466 with a inline pump is what you need . For pumps I have an extra P pump that’s all gone through open RPM’s , it made 1140 hp on the dyno and also have some new Bosch MW pumps that would work on that same adaptor for the pump drive . For your injection lines you want .093 line and for injectors there are lots of options depending on fuel delivery , turbo size and rpms. Make sure when your building a puller you do all the safety stuff don’t just bolt the big pump , lines , injectors and turbo on and go , you need a SFI flywheel /clutch setup , fuel dump , air shut off etc . Let me know if you have any questions there are a bunch of us on here that pull and are more than happy to help you with your setup . Don’t want you or anyone getting hurt .

‘Depending on what you what run there are a lot of options , Danny

1 hour ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

You need the drive gear and the adaptor that the pump mounts to on the back side of the front cover . A setup off a truck motor or a newer Ag application 466 with a inline pump is what you need . For pumps I have an extra P pump that’s all gone through open RPM’s , it made 1140 hp on the dyno and also have some new Bosch MW pumps that would work on that same adaptor for the pump drive . For your injection lines you want .093 line and for injectors there are lots of options depending on fuel delivery , turbo size and rpms. Make sure when your building a puller you do all the safety stuff don’t just bolt the big pump , lines , injectors and turbo on and go , you need a SFI flywheel /clutch setup , fuel dump , air shut off etc . Let me know if you have any questions there are a bunch of us on here that pull and are more than happy to help you with your setup . Don’t want you or anyone getting hurt .

‘Depending on what you what run there are a lot of options , Danny

Oh I definitely plan on doing an SFI Flywheel/clutch, air/fuel shutoff, as well as roll cage, ladder bars, wheelie bars, etc. before I start trying to make a bunch of power