Can one of you "savy" members advise me how to post a link to something on the internet? Please be specific, (I grew up in the last century and a lot of the ins and outs of this required modern electronic wizardry easily blow by me). 

I'm far from savvy but have been taught how to do that by one of the savvy members here😄

HOld your left click, drag your cursor over the link to highlight it, right click then hit copy

come to the reply box and right click then hit paste

1 hour ago, The New Number One said:

Can one of you "savy" members advise me how to post a link to something on the internet? Please be specific, (I grew up in the last century and a lot of the ins and outs of this required modern electronic wizardry easily blow by me). 

I’m FAR from savy, but, click reply to topic OR quote.

It opens the reply page, and if you’re quoting someone it places that quote into the reply page.

At the top of that page there’s different icons to insert links to external sources, etc. that you want to include.

Also, you have a place at the bottom of the reply page where you can include saved photos by clicking on one of these.

Confused yet?! 
Just start pressing buttons, something is bound to happen!

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

I'm far from savvy but have been taught how to do that by one of the savvy members here😄

HOld your left click, drag your cursor over the link to highlight it, right click then hit copy

come to the reply box and right click then hit paste

This is the easiest way. 

On my android tablet that won't work.

I don't have any buttons. Instead I press  on the line at the top of the screen where the web address is. Then it gives me a copy option, which I  select. I switch tabs to the post. I press and hold in the reply dialog box. I then select the paste option.

Thx-Ace