Physically abused Deere

shot_gun_red

Wow, that pto! I can't believe nobody swapped it out. It's not like you need to tear the tractor apart to fix it.

Even with a little, ok maybe a bit more, love it could be a decent tractor as long as there is nothing major wrong mechanically. 4440s are bringing pretty decent money nowadays depending on its location.

• Like 1

That’s insane and stupid.  I watched one of my land lord’s 4440 with 8,000 hrs, duals, and a loader go for $12,000  no too long ago at his brothers retirement auction.  And that tractor was in 100 times better shape.  And I can give more examples.

56 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

How the FU*K do you break the dash out like that?!?!?! 

Working on one that looks just like that right down to the missing door and window, and there is more in the valley just like it...................I don't know how they can destroy them like they do.

• Sad 1

Man I thought ours at work were rough but they all have doors windows and dash’s.  I do have one to fix the dash.  It’s all broken around where all the screw holes go so it moves when you move the steering wheel.  That PTO is crazy.  I wonder what they were running with that.  We had one the 1000 shaft seal splines got  thin so we put a new one in it.  It was on a rotogrind tub grinder a lot for a while.  

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

How the FU*K do you break the dash out like that?!?!?! 

I would guess dismantling in the cold, i know the plastics on our 580k got to looking like that, it wasn’t abuse on our part, they start to crumble and then really disintegrate once you try to get it back together. It was pretty nasty, ever drop a glass, try to catch it and end up kicking it across the floor in 1,000,000 pieces? It was like that only slower. 

Sad thing is I wouldnt mind a 40/50/55 series Deere someday, always liked them since I was a kid.  The things are just STUPID in price now with no end in sight that I could never bring myself to pay that kind of money.  

This mechanic special at best bringing almost 10k is a fine example.  

1 hour ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Sad thing is I wouldnt mind a 40/50/55 series Deere someday, always liked them since I was a kid.  The things are just STUPID in price now with no end in sight that I could never bring myself to pay that kind of money.  

This mechanic special at best bringing almost 10k is a fine example.  

Yup, I ran out of money to spend when Covid was firing up, lots of good deals then.  I did get one bought, but sure wish I would have grabbed a few more.  Can't touch them now, even ones that have blown engines or shelled rears.

1 hour ago, acem said:

My friends 4030 open station looked good and only brought 4000!

Handy little 80 horse tractor.

10 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Handy little 80 horse tractor.

I keep my eye's open for a syncro 4 post with a bolster for narrow front.......................Don't come across any.  Everyone bashes the 329's, but there is and was alot of them pumping irrigation water up and down my valley and they take abuse well and are pretty darn reliable.  

16 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I keep my eye's open for a syncro 4 post with a bolster for narrow front.......................Don't come across any.  Everyone bashes the 329's, but there is and was alot of them pumping irrigation water up and down my valley and they take abuse well and are pretty darn reliable.  

Dad had a 329 in his 4400 combine and it was a good running little motor.

Its almost impossible to find nice clean equipment in kansas on auctions . I've seen some total junk not worth taking home bringing decent prices I have a neighbor that feeds cattle that has a 4440 that could be a twin to the picture posted above only with a loader on it totally trashed out he won't have far to drive it to Abilene Machine tractor salvage since he only lives 4 miles away lol

8 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Dad had a 329 in his 4400 combine and it was a good running little motor.

They were decent engines for starting in the cold weather but not very good for lugging power, The 6600 combines used them for awhile also that was a stretch , They also were known for valve problems good for smaller equipment like deere used them in 

I suppose it could have been a family thing. I wouldn't have given 5k for that pile. But all the better for the seller and as long as the buyer was happy then all is good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doug in NY said:

kind of looks like the back end of the tractor was shot up with all that damage.

Might have pulled a disc mower in similar condition as the tractor, missing guards and such.

Ah-yup, that be one well used tractor. What I've always referred to as "hammered". Although it's not actually all that bad, I have seen worse, much much much worse.... As in. not even worth the effort to use as a parts machine.