auction prices lately very strong!

pt756

was at 2 auctions the last 2 saturdays, one by tomah wis, an 856 with turbo, probably about 9 k for hours went for 12k, then a black stripe 1066 with a hiniker type cab on, was at 14 k when i was leaving, a little 200 i remember at 2700. then this saturday, there was a schindler auction by loyal wis, had to be scrappers dream, there was a 706 with the 282, annoucemant said head gasket and t a was out, but it had the updated shifting, but was rough, about 1900, seemed about right, next was a 1466, looked very rough, but was running, open station, told a guy , 3700, well started at 6k and sold for 8k, then next was a 1566 black stripe, with cab, very rough, cab looked terrible, needed to jump starter to get it running, but did have a great set of tires, 9k, then i was leaving a 6388, sold for a bit over 9 k, point being is that there must be a lot of stimulus money floating around was the comments being made

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Can’t afford or get new equipment makes used much higher.

combined with the dollar being worth less . Availability of new is missing out of the pipeline

• Like 3

Sale yesterday (Saturday) north of Woodville. One of the very few live auctions offered so far this year. 

NH 258 5 bar basket rake, mismatched tires, worn teeth and drive joints $2800

JD 467 round baler. Very clean. About 11,000 bales. $20,000

I went for the baler but was quickly out of the bidding. The wife picked up a nice chest with hinged cover made from hardwood that the kids are going to use for their cattle and pig showing stuff for $15 so not all a wasted day.

• Like 1

we also have been after a baler. probably a 740 or 7060, but as you said prices are high, and one more thing a m tractor narrow front not hoods , salvage 800 dollars, probably worth that in scrap now?

Aluminum cattle trailers and cattle panels , livestock equipment is up 50 % in the last month, cattle trailers have doubled or trip.ed in price the last 8 months. Stuff is crazy. Probably comparable they say to 1973 /74 when new equipment wasn’t available and used went through the roof.

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

Aluminum cattle trailers and cattle panels , livestock equipment is up 50 % in the last month, cattle trailers have doubled or trip.ed in price the last 8 months. Stuff is crazy. Probably comparable they say to 1973 /74 when new equipment wasn’t available and used went through the roof.

I was trying to by a cattle trailer and have seen the crazy prices.  I have given up for now.  

Consignment sale here 2 weeks ago had a decent looking JD 4440 that brought $30,000. Talked to a buddy today that was at a sale yesterday and there was a early 4020, he said it had new paint but was nothing special that brought $13,000, they also had a ok looking gas 460 with crappy loader on it that brought $3500. Prices have been nuts here to.

16 hours ago, pt756 said:

was at 2 auctions the last 2 saturdays, one by tomah wis, an 856 with turbo, probably about 9 k for hours went for 12k, then a black stripe 1066 with a hiniker type cab on, was at 14 k when i was leaving, a little 200 i remember at 2700. then this saturday, there was a schindler auction by loyal wis, had to be scrappers dream, there was a 706 with the 282, annoucemant said head gasket and t a was out, but it had the updated shifting, but was rough, about 1900, seemed about right, next was a 1466, looked very rough, but was running, open station, told a guy , 3700, well started at 6k and sold for 8k, then next was a 1566 black stripe, with cab, very rough, cab looked terrible, needed to jump starter to get it running, but did have a great set of tires, 9k, then i was leaving a 6388, sold for a bit over 9 k, point being is that there must be a lot of stimulus money floating around was the comments being made

You have to wonder what some people are thinking. Seems like now, if you want top dollar, sell it on a auction because they sure don't want to pay fair asking prices if you have something listed for sale.

I watched this sell in NY online auction Saturday. It brought 5,900 with a weak hydraulic pump. Seems like a good deal for a black stripe 14 with long axles. I saw it in person today picking up my auction score a DMI wagon gear for me to use for my sawmill venture 

IMG_20210419_080610153_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210419_080541790.jpg

7 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

You have to wonder what some people are thinking. Seems like now, if you want top dollar, sell it on a auction because they sure don't want to pay fair asking prices if you have something listed for sale.

true BC 90% are doing some type of faux bids.

the auction buys the good stuff cheap and partners with other auction for $$$ or simply re sells it every other month

same with hay dont want to pay $6 out of barn but $9-12 in store,less than 100b we send them to the store,its our hay any how.

A guy I was talking to just sold a gas 560 for 4500. Ran/stopped. A little rough around the edges, but I was a bit surprised. I've seen some nice ones go for less.

I’m blown away at what Case IH 5250’s are selling for. Mechanically my 5250 (North American Model) is in very good condition. Hoping to get it painted this year. Check this out. 
And I’d expect that Q450 subframe will snap like a twig if over exerted. That loader is meant for a less than 100 hp tractor  

16B4DC62-EB61-4B89-B9C6-6DC2D8378E3A.jpeg

2250429E-43C4-4FE4-8013-FD8B268F864E.jpeg

A39EBF3F-C2A2-4607-86C7-097A37190142.jpeg

No stimulus money this side of the border but equipment at auctions seems to be bringing very good money. Watched a nice 4020 and loader sell for $19,000 today. Watched the same tractor sold back in 2014 for $14,500. 

• Thanks 1

That same 5250 (5150) with Quicke loader sold back on March 4th for $36,000. Wonder if bidder got bidders remorse once he saw the tractor up close.

FB831629-D21F-4E3A-8E66-6F80F5EA88CD.png

On 4/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, jass1660 said:

Can’t afford or get new equipment makes used much higher.

I personally don't think this is the case in a lot of situations.  I'd believe its more about not able to get new or those operations upgrading but to something newer than they have.

JD has reported record profits.  There has been A LOT of government money paid out to grain farmers.  Land prices and cash rent in my area are increasing.  I don't think it's a matter of not being able to afford new, at least from what I see in my area.

seems like the narrative is taking 5 different roads to destruction

take this sale as an example

BTO stealer  , 90% of the items are high $$$ contractor or BTO selling ,due to no work,or cant pay the bills, OR need the write offs

regardless of the faux bids someone will own 90% at the end of the day......How are the new owners going to make payments?

13% fee + alone to buyer

over 1K items 2 rings most of the day

https://quarrickauction.proxibid.com/Quarrick-Equipment-Auctions-Inc/Ring-One-Heavy-Equipment-and-Farm-Equipment/event-catalog/195787?srch=&srchloc=true&ipp=100&sort=0

I see many people getting back into limited farming as side income in my area, but you definitely can't buy new and make money on small acreage. We make money every year, but only because my equipment is as old as the hills. I don't know about everyone else, but over the past 3 years I've begun seeing a completely separate economy forming. Lots of people starting to skip walmart and go straight to the producers. COOPs, multi family buys, even produce buys. It's definitely been a benefit around here on both selling and buying. One of my friends who does long horns actually partnered with a local butcher and opened a store in town. Many of the BTOs have left our area because the fields aren't big enough to allow them to operate efficiently and the local government doesn't have enough money to replace dozens of bridges and roads to make room for large equipment.

And then you have the effect of printing money. I think all these things in concert are driving high prices.

neighbor told me this story. last summer before all of this got started. he ordered 2 new semi forage boxes from meyers. we both only live a couple of miles away from factory, he said 56k with out tires, during winter i think swiderski had a whole fleet of used ones starting at 6o k and up, i assume a custom guy traded his whole fleet in as i will see once in awhile a whole bunch lined up at factory with a guys name on ready to be trucked out, and i am also noticing the uptick in herds coming into just priemer in withee, now you are seeing the 200, 300 plus size heds show up , i was told next tuesday. a 500 cow hwed coming from green bay,lately they are having 2 sale days a week.