neoprene mud boots

vtfireman85

this subject came up before and I can't find it, I want a new pair of neoprene "muck" boots, the local store carries muck brand, but all are insulated to -279 degrees, apparently no one ever wanted a boot for when it was 40 and raining. want a mid height, 12-15" ish, and ideally have an open tread, I have looked at Lacross, Muck, Bog, and currently the best looking is DryShod but I am not loving the tread, seems like it would just pack with muck and not clean out. 

here's the candidate, I am sure there are some I am missing, even found some Wu-special for 40 bucks...I think ill pass on that thanks. https://dryshodusa.com/product/dungho/

any suggestions would be awesome. 

I have a pair of DriShod. Not real impressed. My old Muck boots are more compfy and clean out better. 

I think when Muck sold the same guy started Drishod. I was going to try them but my son had an extra pair of Mucks. I have had to re glue the soles on my last two pair of Mucks

I've always worn my insulated boots year round. Dad used always get a cheap pair of un insulated boots every summer or so. 

I know you said neoprene, but I have had far better luck personally with Lacrosse. Neoprene is inherently warmer than rubber. I own a pair of Muck boots and won’t have another pair. Everyone I know that uses them complains about zero arch in them and briars are the death of neoprene. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully you can find something you like. 

3 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

I think when Muck sold the same guy started Drishod. I was going to try them but my son had an extra pair of Mucks. I have had to re glue the soles on my last two pair of Mucks

This is correct.  My mucks are old but have been good.  They say quality has gone downhill since.  Will buy Dryshod next time. 

I went and looked at some boots yesterday at a different shoe store, i did not find anything that really spoke to me, i gave the lacrosse another look over but decided again that I prefer neoprene because i don’t care for the open top thing. Crap rarely falls into my neoprene boots. I am leaning towards the dryshod, but really don’t like the soles because they look like they would pack with mud and duck crap and be hard to clean out. 
I haven’t found Kamik anywhere locally, have to go get feed next week and will check there. 

My vote goes for XtraTuff, they are in steel toed as well as non-steel toe. Unsure if any are insulated or all are uninsulated. Virtually ALL fishermen wear them on the West Coast. Having worked in an industry where at times they were required wearing all day every day for possibly weeks at a time they are by far the most comfortable to wear even if your feet get a bit warm wearing them.

And they weren't that expensive when I was buying them, $125.00? But that was years ago. I'f you're not worried about temp when wearing them, give them a try.... Most people are pleasantly surprised....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, N S said:

My vote goes for XtraTuff, they are in steel toed as well as non-steel toe. Unsure if any are insulated or all are uninsulated. Virtually ALL fishermen wear them on the West Coast. Having worked in an industry where at times they were required wearing all day every day for possibly weeks at a time they are by far the most comfortable to wear even if your feet get a bit warm wearing them.

And they weren't that expensive when I was buying them, $125.00? But that was years ago. I'f you're not worried about temp when wearing them, give them a try.... Most people are pleasantly surprised....

Not quite 10 years ago the company got a new CEO who moved the manufacturing to good ole China.  They failed in weeks, they fixed the problem but are still nothing compared to what they were.  I won’t buy another pair.  And these were the Alaskan summer shoe, everyone had pairs, I bought them for my toddlers. Now they are despised here, unless your a millennial female with the tops turned down to show the salmon sisters prints

12 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Not quite 10 years ago the company got a new CEO who moved the manufacturing to good ole China.  They failed in weeks, they fixed the problem but are still nothing compared to what they were.  I won’t buy another pair.  And these were the Alaskan summer shoe, everyone had pairs, I bought them for my toddlers. Now they are despised here, unless your a millennial female with the tops turned down to show the salmon sisters prints

Salmon sisters? Do i even want to know? 

12 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Salmon sisters? Do i even want to know? 

It’s not nearly as interesting as one would hope. It’s a color/pattern for trendy millennials

80C406D0-4D9D-4188-8507-A967C0F235EF.thumb.png.8d50b689d4ccb98ae6d016ca7a5bdb31.png

current style fad

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Why does that not surprise me. Basically everything made in the US of quality move mfg. to chinklandistan and quality fails faster than anything. The people making the real money on this stuff is the shippers, most of which are COSCO. The chinklandistan state owned shipping company. And most other counties worldwide have succumbed to the  same propaganda of cheaper products..... Nuez flash - it ain't cheaper if you have to replace a quality item 3-4 times. But I digress, ya'll have a mo gudder day... And have few laphs....