Hello all, International E200 scraper

Hello all,  

just signed in but have been reading the forum for awhile.  I’ve got a hold of an International E200 scraper and got it running again after setting a few years.  Engine runs great and the first time I had it running all the hydraulics worked great on the pan (elevator, door, etc...  except for moving the machine.  Second time started no hydraulics working. Checked all fluids, changed hydraulic fluid but I didn’t have new filters available.  I plan to get new filters and try to see if hydraulics will work again. I’ve ordered the service and parts manuals for it but haven’t received them yet. I need to move the machine and can’t get it to move at all.  I’m guessing the hydraulic fluid is used for gears, steering and moving the machine.  I’m hoping changing the filters frees up the hydraulics.  Any suggestions on what else I should try to get the machine to move.  Haven’t found an operators manual so not sure if theirs something else I need to do besides start it and put it in gear.  Was told it ran great when it was parked with no issues. I’ve looked it over and don’t see any linkages disconnected as far as gears.  Also, when I have it running the steering doesn’t respond either when I turn the wheel. I’m excited about working on this and learning all about it.  I’ve heard they take lot of maintenance but I’ll take the challenge!  An help ya’ll can provide would be much appreciated. 

Excellent!

i’ve been amazed at all the knowledge I’ve been reading on this forum.  Definitely a valuable resource!  I’m guessing it’s nothing to major since it was working when I first had it started.  At least hope not.

thanks again,

‘’Doug

Hmm, I would start by draining the transmission fluid. The drain plug is on the same side the trans dipstick is but it’s behinds the belly pan. May have to take all but the front 2 bolts out of the belly pan and let the back drop to the ground.

while you are there I would also replace trans filter which is a cartridge type, it’s in a canister right about the drain plug and takes a 5/8 wrench or socket. There is a print inside the filter housing that you may want to replace or it may leak a little

the drain plug is a 1/2 drive ratchet, and has a rubber washer/ grommet and the plug has a metal sump screen attached to it. 
refill the trans with td fluid, I will post a few pics of what it looks like.

mad for the hydraulics I would start the machine and turn the elevators on to warm up the fluid and see it that helps get things flowing. If that don’t may want to check hydraulic pressures, could have a bad pump which it located under the floor pans or under your feet if you are sitting in the operators seat. 4 bolts that take a 9/16, also have to disconnect the throttle pedal linkage and air brake lines to completely remove the floor pans.

good luck and let us know how it goes

210B32E5-EE72-4770-B827-C94F469E6CB2.jpeg

46897F2C-59FA-460A-85A1-42A618724731.jpeg

BAE10D94-59B9-46A7-A290-43B81DF91F0D.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks Jes B for all the great information.  Great picture.  Mine looks like a twin to yours!

I will follow all your recommendations!  I do have another question on the engine type. The data plate in the cab shows the engine as a DT 414 but the stamped number on the engine block says 466.  Pictures below.  I’m assuming the engine is actually a DT466?  Am I reading the engine stamp code right on that?  If so the parts manual I thought was correct due to my serial number ( 02198) lists the 414 engine as coming in this machine.  Are the parts i need to purchase (filters, screens, gaskets, etc..) the same for both motors?  If not I will need to order another parts manual for the 466 motor since the one I already purchased references only the 414 motor.  No problem, I just want to make sure I know the correct engine before I buy parts. 

Where is the best place I can go to order the mentioned parts and correct fluids?  I’ve heard people on the forum mention Napa. Do they normally have these in stock?  If not Napa where should my go to place be for parts? 

For the hydraulics, since nothing is working right now I plan to drain the fluid again and replace filters in the reservoir. I’m hoping that will allow the hydraulics to work again.  If not, how would I measure the hydraulics pressure?  Is there a specific hydraulic pressure gauge I need?  And does it screw into a port on the hydro pump under the floor pan? 

Sorry for all the questions on this but I’m a newbie when it comes to this type of heavy equipment but I’ve worked on many gas engines over the years so I’m jumping right in.  I’m also a couple hours south of where my machine is now so trying to make sure I have as much stuff as I need on hand for the next trip up to get it moving and on a trailer to move it down here to north Florida.  

Thanks again for the help.  

8DD7C4E7-5CB9-4BBF-84D7-AC3A2C6C7423.jpeg

3A341180-7E53-44FC-81B8-B5C7E51BE9BD.jpeg

I have had good luck using the WIX filter lookup site.  Sometimes you have to look under the engine rather than the machine.  The NAPA number is the Wix number with the first digit dropped.  4 digits rather than 5.  I don't know about your engine, but it could be the the engine was replaced with a later one at some point.  The block does not seem to be yellow.

Can someone help me confirm this is a  466 engine based on the stamping on the engine?  Just want to make sure. I’m new at this so don’t want to start buying filters and parts until I can confirm. Thanks again. 

A 466 is just a bored out 414,they are all the same engine family,same filters,oil spec etc.

28 minutes ago, F450CC said:

Thanks Bulldog,

does that include the hydraulics filters also?

Only filters on the engine itself.

I guess I need to go back to the original question then.  Does the 466 in the beginning of the engine stamp mean the engine is a DT 466?  Will the hydraulic pump and the transmission have what type they are stamped on those units so I can ensure the right filters for them?  

I appreciate the assistance.

The "t" in DT means turbo,I believe all 466's were turbos,they were the high hp version of the 400 series engine family,to be clear,anything aft of the engine flywheel will be its' on specific transmission, pump and application and will require the specific filters.Get service and chassis manuals,they should give you the info you need.

M neighbor has one of them in the back corner of his shed----says he is going to take the engine out and put it in a 1206, ----he will never get time!!! LOL!!  I ran it a couple times for him 10 years ago! WAY different that the Wabco C pull I had 20 years ago! lol!

That would be excellent JEOSBOLT!

I really appreciate the assistance. It appears someone in the past put the 466 engine in this machine instead of the 414 listed on the chassis ID plate but I’m guessing the rest of the systems are the same(trans, hydraulics, etc...)

thanks again!

They probably did swap engines, to put a 466 gauge n the place of a 414 nothing has to be modified on a IH e200 or dresser 412b that I know of.

all other systems would not have changed, didn’t get filter numbers yesterday was super busy but I will post them this am

Sorry it took so long to reply been busy today. I will attach a photo of the filter info I have for our 200

Disregard the notes about good to manifold, had to order a new muffler and that’s the dimensions 

the bottom notes is for out 412b, they are pretty much the same except the 412 bowl holds an few extra yard.

if you need any in-depth info or how to let me know I can send over pictures of the info you need out of our shop manual for the 200. May take a few days to get the info to you, I’ll have to dig through about 200 other equipment manuals to find it.

-Ethan

82E85FF8-53FC-40B0-901A-A787D216F1D3.jpeg