Riley Tractor Parts/ Engine Parts

Havent done any major base engine work for awhile and have a 466 Deere that's going to need an in frame.  I'm probably going to take the jump away from Reliance as their gaskets flat out suck (found out the hard way on my own D282).  My Ag Parts sales rep has been pushing Riley for awhile, and I'm curious as to what aftermarket manufacturers parts they sell.  

Even though Reliance quality sucked a bit, I really liked their website, model/ kit coverage and they were always johnny on the spot getting orders right and shipped out and gave e-mail tracking updates.  Hope to find someone who does match up.in that department.  

• Cdfarabaugh changed the title to Riley Tractor Parts/ Engine Parts

What does A&I offer ? Owned by mother Deere. I have an aftermarket recast LP head on my 450 from Riley and my head guy said it looked good casting quality. No idea where they source it from 

@Super A_sepa does Jesse have anything for these ? 

2 minutes ago, bitty said:

What does A&I offer ? Owned by mother Deere. I have an aftermarket recast LP head on my 450 from Riley and my head guy said it looked good casting quality. No idea where they source it from 

@Super A_sepa does Jesse have anything for these ? 

Never tried A&I for engine parts hmmmmm

1 minute ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Never tried A&I for engine parts hmmmmm

It possibly could be reliance repacked .....

Jesse has this one listed on the website, says for a turboed, intercooled engine, I'm not sure what else he can get or a non intercooled engine.

https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/550088490545/ohar100646a-federal-mogul?dlr=1&pcid=3757611&if=1

If this fits what you're looking for it would definitely be the kit I would choose. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Havent done any major base engine work for awhile and have a 466 Deere that's going to need an in frame.  I'm probably going to take the jump away from Reliance as their gaskets flat out suck (found out the hard way on my own D282).  My Ag Parts sales rep has been pushing Riley for awhile, and I'm curious as to what aftermarket manufacturers parts they sell.  

Even though Reliance quality sucked a bit, I really liked their website, model/ kit coverage and they were always johnny on the spot getting orders right and shipped out and gave e-mail tracking updates.  Hope to find someone who does match up.in that department.  

I have used a couple of reliance kits 4 or so years ago for John Deere 466.  I will agree gaskets seemed very low quality.  One engine had to be redone head gasket failure after a few thousand hours.   Other one is still going runs like a champ no issues.  Sorry no help on the Riley parts.  

11 hours ago, Super A_sepa said:

Jesse has this one listed on the website, says for a turboed, intercooled engine, I'm not sure what else he can get or a non intercooled engine.

https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/550088490545/ohar100646a-federal-mogul?dlr=1&pcid=3757611&if=1

If this fits what you're looking for it would definitely be the kit I would choose. 

I used a federal mogul head gasket kit in a John Deere 7.6/ 466 on a 4555 a few years back.  Very good quality same names on gaskets as Deere.  No problems at all with it .  Tractor that’s it’s  in runs pretty much every day. It was enough less money it was worth it.   Had asked vender about complete overhaul kits twice after that but he could never get them in a reasonable period of time.  Went with Deere ones on those jobs. I will have to check with this Jesse fellow next time.  

I jut got an out of frame kit from Rileys for a D268. It consists of Absolute bearings and gaskets. The liner kit box says Power Seal and the sleeve and piston inside are marked Anglo from England.

20210420_080751.jpg

20210420_080740.jpg

20210420_081608.jpg

Riley's did get the Pow'r Seal name and blueprints from M&W. I talked to them a few times and they are slowly reviving this brand name. 

I got 2 358 kits from Riley's within a few months of each other. First one was Richland and the second Reliance.  Both were shipped from Tom's AgriDiesel, now owned by Reliance. 🥴The Reliance kit came with Glaser gaskets and the head gasket lasted about 120 hours. Blew out between 2 cylinders. Of course they claimed it wasn't torqued right or the surfaces weren't flat. The head was surfaced and completely rebuilt.

Never had a single issue with the Richland kit. A&I was selling Richland at one time. 

Also had a 1066 overhaul kit from Reliance about the same time.  Within 300 hours it had coolant in the oil. The orings on the sleeves were hard as a rock. I showed the machine shop  owner and he couldn't believe they were that bad. Went together with a CIH gasket set and no issue since. 

I avoid Reliance completely since then. 

• Like 1

We have a T/A, hydraulic pump and engine oil pump from Riley Tractor Parts. Nice to work with the local guy and quick to get stuff, so far so good. The T/A was way cheaper than any where else. 

Didn't see Richland at the A&I warehouse when it was here, but alot of Vapormatic stuff from the Great Britian................Seems like ok stuff.   Actually I pie pieced parts in my 4960 and the single parts were all from Vapormatic.  Haven't blown her yet and we flog it pretty hard on the tub grinder.  With that said, the kits I have gotten were Maxiforce, so not sure how/why A&I sells what they do.