Jump to content

Reappraisal time on the homestead


Recommended Posts

In the mail today was the reappraisal warning from the appraisal  district.

Without opening the letter you can bet your butt that the appraisal is up from last year.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, oleman said:

In the mail today was the reappraisal warning from the appraisal  district.

Without opening the letter you can bet your butt that the appraisal is up from last year.

I know up here the cities think the population is an open wallet, and if it’s not appraised value, it’s taxes through the roof, the city of surrey is talking a 4% tax increase, but the real costs are in the 12% range, Vancouver has the best one, now don’t spit on your screen, it’s called the open air tax, if you have a business with a two story building and there is nothing taxable above you business or living space wise you pay a tax on the open space, I tell ya ole the clowns running these places are a great sign of the inmates running the asylum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one of the 'benefits' coming from the YUGE increase in home prices.

I wonder how many of the city and county officials have the appraised taxable value go up on their property?  (That would be interesting to learn, if it is really true, that one hand really does wash the other).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Just one of the 'benefits' coming from the YUGE increase in home prices.

I wonder how many of the city and county officials have the appraised taxable value go up on their property?  (That would be interesting to learn, if it is really true, that one hand really does wash the other).

Up here all the trash do is give themselves an off camera in house raise, surrey did just that 2 months ago, the letters and complaints always bring this crap up but the same trash keeps getting voted in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

County promised not to raise tax rate this year. Instead upped all prop values. Mine went up 30, FIL went up over 50+ on a 100 yo house that has been cobbled before he got it and it's still only average and no recent improvements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for some brilliant rocket scientist to come up with the idea to have a planting tax on the stuff you plant in your garden. I'm guessing the proper response might be to send em an envelope full of dirt and tell em, if you want to eat, plant your own stupid food.... Prolly a bad idea, cause ifn it gets out these id-jits would prolly try it......

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, N S said:

I'm waiting for some brilliant rocket scientist to come up with the idea to have a planting tax on the stuff you plant in your garden. I'm guessing the proper response might be to send em an envelope full of dirt and tell em, if you want to eat, plant your own stupid food.... Prolly a bad idea, cause ifn it gets out these id-jits would prolly try it......

We pay sales tax on our garden seeds and plants....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...