FarmAll m bull pinion bearing installation

I’m getting ready to install my differential and the manual tell me how to install the Max fill bearing correctly ( fill holes out) but I can’t see were it tells me how to install  the bearings on bull pinion cages. It has to make a difference. Here’s a pic of the bearing. It has a load side. I didn’t remove the original bearing and don’t have a clue. Any help?

FA6B8CCB-EAE0-4870-9D41-5F9F72A18305.png

go to yesterdays tractor site, this was just covered by pete 23 yesterday, in the farmall forum.

That was my post. So it dosent matter which way you install the bearing   in  the pinion cage? I just want to get it right. I guess i didnt understand his post.

Dell; the bearing you show is a plain ball roller bearing, they are good for radio loads up & down not so good for thrust loads side to side. The factory put in a small relieve cutout to load the balls into the bearing. So it don't matter which way you install the bearing.

Bearing like this hold there position in a pocket, clip ring, shoulder to shoulder with spacers, interference fit, seal caps, bolt rings. butt they do not load. they would not last they need free play run. or next burn up,  bearing failure

All the ball bearings in H or M are that way.

Checking my old notes the rear shaft pinion up date went from 8 balls to 11 balls. make sure your puller gets that.

Get a book on bearings 😉 😎

In 1990 I changed all the bearing in my SUPER.

100_1747.JPG

100_1745.JPG

On 4/17/2021 at 10:36 AM, Dell said:

That was my post. So it dosent matter which way you install the bearing   in  the pinion cage? I just want to get it right. I guess i didnt understand his post.

well yes it matters as they both pointed out!

• Like 1