Howdy! Say, I don't suppose you would know what the best way is to shrink a pic down to 1 MB to make it fit in the circle..... thing under my name?

Thanks,

Mike

It somewhat depends upon what you are using.  With a computer, search for image resizer, there are many online.  

With my Iphone, emailing a photo offers several options for downsizing the photo to save space.

One way to do it if you are operating a windows system is to right click on your picture file and select open with paint. Once the picture opens in paint, place a percentage value in the horizontal box. If the maintain aspect ratio box is checked the vertical box will automatically change as well. I find that if the entire picture is displayed on the paint screen without using the zoom out feature the picture size is below 1 Mb, but it will depend on the file size you start with. You may have to play with the percentages to get what you would like.

When you get the size you want select file save as and give the resized picture a new name. That way you can keep the picture before and after resizing. Also, make sure you save it to the folder you want as it will automatically save it to the last folder you saved a picture to, and you may have trouble finding it.

Good luck

Chassis, Right side (9)c.jpg

8 hours ago, Tonys 300 Utility said:

One way to do it if you are operating a windows system is to right click on your picture file and select open with paint. Once the picture opens in paint, place a percentage value in the horizontal box. If the maintain aspect ratio box is checked the vertical box will automatically change as well. I find that if the entire picture is displayed on the paint screen without using the zoom out feature the picture size is below 1 Mb, but it will depend on the file size you start with. You may have to play with the percentages to get what you would like.

When you get the size you want select file save as and give the resized picture a new name. That way you can keep the picture before and after resizing. Also, make sure you save it to the folder you want as it will automatically save it to the last folder you saved a picture to, and you may have trouble finding it.

Good luck

Chassis, Right side (9)c.jpg

It's been so long since I used it, forgot all about Paint. Will have to give that a try.

Thanks,

Mike

Had a moment, I guess. Going through the camera toolbox on my phone earlier today, I ran across the option to adjust picture size. Dropped it down to 1.3M pixels. Now the photos are more bite sized. Just need to figure out what to use in my profile pic. The first couple that were added are ok, but hard to make out. Will have to work on it more tomorrow.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I use paint all the time here. I resize everything for forum posting and for avatar use.  Different forums have different size limits!