Pricing for Rough Cut Lumber?

The past 2 years we have put a bunch if metal roofing on, and still have quite a stack of 1" rough cut hemlock boards.  

A co-worker is erecting a car port and got sticker shock with plywood.  He was inquiring about just sheeting with boards and I said "hey, I can hook you up"

Everything is sticked, dry and ready to use.  Never sold rough cut lumber so kinda clueless how to price it.  We cut the trees  and had a relative saw them with horse trade payment, so it's tough to even put a number on that. 

I was just checking some prices yesterday at the local sawmill for an upcoming project. 1x6x16’ were $5.40

Lumber prices have skyrocketed too unfortunately. We haven’t been cutting much as our timber dues went through the roof last summer. To buy the same logs from the government that we purchased 2 years ago it’ll cost us another 16,000$ Now. That was only on about 50,000 board feet too. 

We’ve been taking a little bit off our own quarter and have it priced .80-1.00$/board foot. That’s still almost half the price of the lumber yards here. 

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

I'm paying .50 board cash foot local small operator.

...and he's probably undercutting himself. I paid more than $1 for larch planks last year.

Of course tree variety makes a difference too. You're not going to pay the same for dogwood as you would veneer oak...

19 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

...and he's probably undercutting himself. I paid more than $1 for larch planks last year.

Of course tree variety makes a difference too. You're not going to pay the same for dogwood as you would veneer oak...

Plain white pine.