My son lives near Dallas, a house next to his went on the market Friday. Saturday afternoon the realtor web site said ,we have multiple offers  send us your best and final offer by 3 Sunday 

2 hours ago, CC_Ranger said:

I just don't understand where all the money is coming from. I have worked steady all through the pandemic, and my pockets are not overflowing with cash, and I didn't do any big ticket purchases the last year either.

I just had this same conversation this morning.  According to the "who's who" of society I'm probably considered "poor".  In reality though I think I'm pretty well off.  Have titles for all my vehicles, own everything I have except for 65k left on a mortgage which isnt a big deal at all.  

Other people dropping big coin really confuses me as to how they dont worry when A) the economy turns south and their employment is jeopardized getting upside down on something they financed when said economy/market goes to poop C) interest rates going up (which they're going to HAVE to eventually) 

Personally I think for all the wailing and moaning 2008 was just a preview of what can happen.  

Looks like the situation we have going on in the Netherlands. Interest rates are historically low and that creates a big demand for houses, which makes asking prices for housing skyhigh. Like 30 percent more than 10 years ago. But that is just the asking price, it is almost standard nowadays to overbid like 30,000 or 40,000 euros. Its just sheer insanity.

• Like 2

north east

cant find realtors quote at the moment " at least 2 more years of sellers market"

but do get calls weekly about selling, told them we wanted $125' which is below what the shack went for

and set us about $800K. apparently too low as others said $250-300'    and $1.5m to replace

you cant get building details  with out Calling 5 realtors to find the listing 1  whom then refers ALL work to the assistant

Hi. It needs work thats why it's priced where it is. I have 2 offers. On it.

Thank you

On Apr 2, 2021 10:58 PM, 
Hi
looked at this lot today
ceiling is too low,door is 9',not 11',floor needs finished and a lot of other subsidence work

Hi, we had 7 offers significantly over asking.
Hi Sam, I’m not sure what you mean by code inspections, but there have been no inspections completed. It is a private road and everyone takes care of their section.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 806 man said:

It's the DNC's grand scheme to change all red states to blue states.

I wonder if the voids in the big city will be filled with imagrents ? and non tax payers ? that will frig things up

On 4/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, m.c.farmerboy said:

crazy here in the north east homes selling for 25 to30% above market value 

Don't know how crazy it is. Today daughter left offer of 2.5% over asking with a max of 9% over solely because location. Guess we will find out how nuts they are.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Don't know how crazy it is. Today daughter left offer of 2.5% over asking with a max of 9% over solely because location. Guess we will find out how nuts they are.

Nope did not work they said much higher offer plus waived inspection and appraisal. WTH ?

We have a rental property with a ranch style house and an a frame cottage on 3 acres we have decided to sell.  It needs quite a bit of updating but isn't terrible.  A few years ago we would have had to deal with inspections and the sellers terms.  On Tuesday I talked to the tenants and told them we were going to list the place.   The a frame tenant told the neighbor.  By Friday night we had an agreement with someone without even listing it.  Could we get more?  I don't know, it is unclear how much over asking someone might pay, however the buyer is going to give us what we want so all are happy.

I wonder how long the current inventory shortage is going to last.

13 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

wonder how long the current inventory shortage is going to last.

Got a bad feeling this won't be short term.....until bad tax and economic policies cause a total crash in the economy,  then what? 

On 4/15/2021 at 10:50 PM, jass1660 said:

Watch out for the fourth quarter. Big correction coming....

Some of the things I’m hearing are pointing to the third quarter...

On 4/17/2021 at 12:56 AM, 806 man said:

It's the DNC's grand scheme to change all red states to blue states.

deep state. Worldwide. 1 economy 

On 4/17/2021 at 7:13 AM, m.c.farmerboy said:

I wonder if the voids in the big city will be filled with imagrents ? and non tax payers ? that will frig things up

What was the movie about a lawless city with Kurt Russell? 

9 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Got a bad feeling this won't be short term.....until bad tax and economic policies cause a total crash in the economy,  then what? 

Reset into a one world economy.