Spacer between turbo and muffler eliminator

Mike Links ...

@88seriesrestorer

Looks like your turbo housing is shot , You'll never get that to seal completely 

18 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Looks like the outlet flange broke off the turbine housing. 

Not sure on that, don't think their was much on there to begin with but it does look like it is eat up too.  I was trying to jog my memory.  Will have to look at mine tomorrow and take a picture.

A few  things......   First, your turbine housing is broke, you need a new turbo.

Second, I might be wrong, but that new spacer looks like the wrong one.  The ones in my 5288 and 5488 are twice as long as that one and dont have grooves in them, just shoulders for the seals to go against. Google 1252474C2, thats what you should have.  You should be able to reuse the spacer once you get it out and remove the turbine house end.

It that were mine I'd get a new eliminator too, judging from what the end looks like.

• Like 1

U have the wrong spacer that is for the 66 series.  You will reuse your sleeve and i have the new seals for the ends.  The 50 series used a metal mesh type seal

Mike