Friend that has the 826 has a problem that is at least the oil pump. He bought a new one from reliance and we believe it self destructed. I wasn’t there but he said the tractor started laboring and it had 0 oil pressure and he shut it off. The pump was extremely hot and the oil is full of metal chunks and brass. He hasn’t dropped the pan yet to see what else is destroyed. He is wondering if there is a source for oil pumps that isn’t reliance and maybe a better pump. Local ih dealer said theirs was a reliance also. Thanks 

I overhauled our D179  in 08 using a pump sourced by yesterdays tractor, was made in Poland, never an issue so far.  Stock pump was actually fine but a total overhaul means an oil pump replacement so I replaced it.  I have yet to see an engine of any type that failed because of a oil pump failure (the oil pump did not cause the failure it was PROBABLY a casualty of the failure) but I will adjust my opinion with evidence.

Sorry about your issues, disassemble it and show us the pictures.

3 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Friend that has the 826 has a problem that is at least the oil pump. He bought a new one from reliance and we believe it self destructed. I wasn’t there but he said the tractor started laboring and it had 0 oil pressure and he shut it off. The pump was extremely hot and the oil is full of metal chunks and brass. He hasn’t dropped the pan yet to see what else is destroyed. He is wondering if there is a source for oil pumps that isn’t reliance and maybe a better pump. Local ih dealer said theirs was a reliance also. Thanks 

If it was to the point of laboring I hate to say that pump is the least of your worries 😥