My wife bought me these AMT 1/25th scale kits for a belated birthday present. The three kits total almost 800 parts so once l start building them it will take a while. l don't know how to do videos but l will post photos as l work on them if you guys would be interested.

IH Transtar Eagle.JPG

dozer-lowboy kit.JPG

• Like 5

That’s cool, I just ordered that very same dozer and trailer kit myself.....any day now.👍

Dad still has the original version of the Transtar still in box and a Scout SS II as well.🙂

Definitley Keen  to see your build.....maybe we can compare notes.😉

Heath,

NZ

17 hours ago, IHKIWI said:

That’s cool, I just ordered that very same dozer and trailer kit myself.

There is a guy on youtube that has some videos on building the dozer and the trailer. He does a decent job and you can get good ideas on how to weather them up. His name is   hpiguys Workshop

And yes we can share ideas and tips.

Here are the links to those videos.

AMT 1/25 CONSTRUCTION BULLDOZER MODEL KIT BUILD REVIEW AMT1086 CATERPILLAR D8H - YouTube

Caterpillar D8 Bulldozer and LowBoy Trailer 1/25 Scale Model Kit Build Review Weathering AMT1218 - YouTube

• Like 1

Great stuff, thanks for that, I'll check them out .

Enjoy your builds 

Heath

I’m looking forward to this also. I hadn’t built a model since I was a kid until I found the Super Scout model a couple years back. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’m looking forward to this also

l'm not sure which kit l'll build first. l'm kind of thinking of doing the truck first and painted like a Transtar l drove a long time ago. And l'm still debating on building the Cat as a dozer or a ag tractor. l did find a 3D printed ROPS cab online and seriously considering ordering it.

l just don't want to get overwhelmed by doing 3 kits at once. 800 parts are a lot to stick together all at once...lol

IMG_4603_1024x1024 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought l would show what little progress has been on the 4300 Transtar. Come to find out, the part number are really hard for a old codger like me to see. So l enlisted the help of my 16 year old granddaughter. And once she got started she said she liked helping so l turned her loose on it and just supervised. So this is her very first model of any kind to put together and paint. We did have a mess up on painting the cab and hood, which was my fault. l think we got some bad paint and it wasn't long till it started bubbling and generally messed up. So now we have it soaking in some Dawn Power Dissolver. lt's working but just takes a long time work.

Anyway, here's the frame almost ready for paint except we plan on stripping the chrome off of the fuel tanks and paint them black.

183475077_490520642158743_8745535324336461002_n.thumb.jpg.b2c2631314774fe6bc56878bbaf7768a.jpg

Here is the dash board for the 4300. l think she did fantastic job on it.

1946988880_4300dash.jpg.40e1ce208b8984e8359c771684b8c7df.jpg

Here is the decal sheet l made and printed for the truck plus several other projects l have going on.

1479318933_Pridestripes.png.5873a7f66aee60a4e92cdda88cea29c7.png

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I built the 4300 and dozer in the late 80s.....along with the log truck, Great Dane extension flat bed trailer, JD 310 hoe, and IH 350 Pay Hauler.....

Payhauler got me selected for 4-H state fair !

You and the granddaughter are doing great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/29/2021 at 7:35 PM, Mr. Plow said:

You and the granddaughter are doing great!

Thanks!! The painting process has been going really slow. The humidity has really been high here because of all the rain we've been getting. But l have a few other trucks that go with my 1/64th scale Booger Creek Gin project that require good eye sight and nimble fingers so l may get her help on those trucks. lf we work on those l'll try to post a few pics of those later.