66 series- Ice cream box and fenders

IH never offered the ICB cab on the 66 series right?

So someone wanted some coverage and this was available and affordable at the time.

It's not pretty but it gets the job done. It's far from some of the abused wrecks that are out there. At least the owner saw fit to keep some sort of paint on it rather than letting it turn to rust. That deserves kudos not pith and vinegar.

If you want to make it pretty I'm sure the owner would let you have at it in the off season.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

IH never offered the ICB cab on the 66 series right?

So someone wanted some coverage and this was available and affordable at the time.

It's not pretty but it gets the job done. It's far from some of the abused wrecks that are out there. At least the owner saw fit to keep some sort of paint on it rather than letting it turn to rust. That deserves kudos not pith and vinegar.

If you want to make it pretty I'm sure the owner would let you have at it in the off season.

Well said.

Someone had the same idea here

KIMG0110.jpg

KIMG0109-1.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 856 Custom said:

Someone had the same idea here

KIMG0110.jpg

I like it, except for the "suicide booth" curtains. Imagine an exhaust leak under the hood with all the windows closed...

Those Year A Round cabs look good on most anything.

What is getting lost on that tractor is it has the correct 66 series full coverage fenders. They are worth what the tractor is. At least I a pretty sure they are the 66 fenders by the front inner panel angle.

An old guy around here years ago didn’t have a drivers license anymore, so he bought an H and made a plywood cab for it. He drove it year round everywhere, had plexiglass for windows.

5 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

An old guy around here years ago didn’t have a drivers license anymore, so he bought an H and made a plywood cab for it. He drove it year round everywhere, had plexiglass for windows.

Yeah, I think the guy who owned that Farmall didn't have a license either. It was sitting at a Amish auction around Mt Victory back in '15. He must have noticed me looking at it 20 feet away and came out of the crowd. He seemed pretty protective of it, until I mentioned the good job on installing the cab, then he loosened up. After that he started following me around. Lol! Back in the early 90s there was a bachelor around New Knoxville who would drive around his neighborhood with a narrow front 10 or 20 series Deere and pick up beer cans what seemed like everyday. He didn't have a license either. I had some milk stop's around there and if you would wave at him, he'd take his one hand and cover his face. Lol! He seemed a little different.

20 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I like it, except for the "suicide booth" curtains. Imagine an exhaust leak under the hood with all the windows closed...

Those Year A Round cabs look good on most anything.

I highly doubt that cab fitted on that tractor is that air tight to be that big of a problem if that problem occurred. If that much exhaust was leaking in,you'd probably smell something in advance. They were never that tight on tractors they were designed for. Much less something cobbled together to make it work.

Great Grandpa had a 806 that he built a homemade cab for. It definitely wasn't airtight, No heat, only ventilation was either taking the doors off or a cigarette lighter powered fan. Noisy, Cold in the fall to ride in. Made a 66 series cab look good and that's not saying much. If we had kept that tractor, that stupid thing would have gotten ripped off by me.

Knew a young fella that got picked up on DUI once to many,  he bought a 1066 (with cab) to drive to work!    

Those steps are certainly interesting....need to start with the right foot on the lowest step for sure!