Subsoiler question

Duntongw

4 hours ago, 49coopE3 said:

Deere still makes a single shank subsoiler. My new one just came today, I did have to order it.

IMG_20210414_191339456.jpg

Looks exactly like my uncles.  New?  Here at least about every year 1 pops up at a auction yard.  His is orange and old

13 hours ago, 49coopE3 said:

Deere still makes a single shank subsoiler. My new one just came today, I did have to order it.

That's pretty cool. Surprised anyone still makes one, even has the 'mole'.

13 hours ago, 49coopE3 said:

Interesting.  I'm surprised Deere is still making a 1 shank.  I thought if anyone still made them it would be some short line company that caters more to acreages or the food plot type of use.

I have an old Deere steel wheel single point that I use here every fall. I pull it 36" deep and 560's wont pull it! used neighbors 806 diesel and it did smoke!! LOL

I used to pull it with the Oliver Super 99 gm that I had before the red and orange ones!

On 4/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Art From Coleman said:

That is interesting in that it came under the John Deere name, and not as a Frontier.

Frontier makes a light duty version similar to what you'd find at tractor supply.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:32 AM, TroyDairy said:

Looks exactly like my uncles.  New?  Here at least about every year 1 pops up at a auction yard.  His is orange and old

Yep, brand new. Ordered it from the Deere dealer back in February.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 10:02 AM, DT Fan said:

That's pretty cool. Surprised anyone still makes one, even has the 'mole'.

Thanks, I was surprised too. I had to order the "mole" as an option, I also got the bigger shank and heavy duty point. I'm hoping it will help with drainage. 

On 4/13/2021 at 9:41 AM, MarkG said:

We removed every tooth except the middle one on a v ripper. Plowed a grid for pecan trees to be planted. Pulled the single as deep as it would go to break the hard pan and provide soft soil for the tree roots.

ran down beside the flags after laying out my citrus orchard. it had repacked. heres a video

13 hours ago, Duntongw said:

What's the purpose of the "mole", just to keep a clear tunnel for draining?

I believe so. The areas I've ripped do seem to drain better.