I sure enjoy the fact she loves farm chores! Bought some feeder heifers today an had to move some calves around. She called me asked if I was stopping to get her for chores so she could help build a pen an move the new calves. After we got that done we had to fill water tub an she went an grabbed these 2 buckets an filled ( half full) by herself an said “ Look Pap! I have buckets like you!” She fills my heart

F484644A-7365-42A5-AE8F-6F48A39E2610.jpeg

AE40703C-BE1F-409A-9018-1C3273EE4FF5.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Love it. Most kids do want to help and learn from a person that they look up to.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is kind of thread that ought to dominating the forum.

This is why we do what we do, to bring our kids up in a life where they are close to animals and nature and learn that work is fun and rewarding.

Great job! 

She will be a great addition to society as she grows up. The world needs more like her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Luke’s little buddy—cow died Two days after calving and he bottle fed him the remainder, actually caught up decently!

And Addi, “helping” drive Truck 904 in local parade

caleb turns a year old in three weeks so we’re going to give a reprieve on work pictures 😉

3BF51994-4C35-457C-AD5E-322C31D93AB0.jpeg

ABB8B766-C5E0-4787-9A5A-E5E80BB2E766.jpeg

53011306-7437-47C7-871E-E012E794C5B8.jpeg

• Like 15

These are the jewels of life❤️

• Like 5

Best place in the world to raise little ones is on a farm

When I think back to school days over half the kids grew up or worked on a farm.

we didn't have the crap we have today going on

• Like 5
3 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

Best place in the world to raise little ones is on a farm

^^this^^

It equips an person so much better for what life has to hand ya. In the fire dept. it's no problem to tell if somebody was born and raised in a farm related environment. Whether its' climbing a ladder, driving or even general task they are so much more prepared.  

• Like 4

Our old tinbasher at work watched how someone new would pour oil from a 5 gal pail, told him right there if they were from the farm or city

• Like 1
18 hours ago, hardtail said:

Our old tinbasher at work watched how someone new would pour oil from a 5 gal pail, told him right there if they were from the farm or city

That made me chuckle😄

And is spot on

Something I taught my boys early on😉

• Like 1