Railroad car graffiti

TomH

I'm probably the odd man out here, but I find all this graffiti offensive. It's willful vandalism of property whether on a train, truck or building, in order to gratify the "artist's" urge to express themselves. The utter lack of respect for someone else's property far outweighs any "talent", but that's just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Technically in my opinion a hobo is no better then the people painting Graffiti.  I could care less really but I can’t understand glamorizing the lifestyle of a bum. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JamesW said:

Yes, watch youtube for "hobo shoestring"... among others.

Shoestring is one of those people who is able to do a good job explaining things and seems quite knowledgeable.  One of those deals where you stumble onto his channel and all of a sudden you end up spending quite a bit of time watching.

No I'm not a hobo with as smart phone:). I track inbound cars for the local short line for a truss plant. Give me a car number and I can find out quite a bit. if i worked for a big railroad I'd probably get fired for looking up cars LOL Now I'm curious where it was loaded.

I guess I am old fashioned but I hate graffiti of any kind.  I wish they made paint that somehow could hurt the graffiti scumbag. Those "artists " should be beaten by railroad cops and sprayed in the face with their own paint.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

I had wondered about the Hobo activity myself. 

In 1987 we went to kanawha iowa to keifer built trailers to pick up a stock trailer.  Wasn’t ready so they paid for a few days hotel.  Ended up at the National Hobo convention somewhere around there.  My Uncle was big into steam and trains and struck up a conversation with a hobo who knew exactly where my uncle worked as he had passed through the plant location years prior.

29 minutes ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

Ended up at the National Hobo convention somewhere around there.

I believe you were at Britt, IA.

The only reason I know this, is years ago, I bought a souveneir A&W root beer mug that had "Hobo Days' or something similar printed on it.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 7:32 PM, Raildudes dad said:

Unloaded in Carlise PA, headed west in Delta MO on the UP at 17:06 4/12/21

On the FXE in CU, RIO ESCONDIDO tonight. That's where it came from loaded the last time. Quick search of industry shows automotive suspension parts and an adjacent brewery (to the yard) .

On 4/12/2021 at 7:32 PM, Raildudes dad said:

Unloaded in Carlise PA, headed west in Delta MO on the UP at 17:06 4/12/21

On the FXE in CU, RIO ESCONDIDO tonght. That's where it came from loaded the last time. BKTY is owned by the UP. Car was photographed like that in 11/19.  It is "Little Shop of Whores" I don't get that. A quick google shows automotive susupensions are a big industry. There a brewery there but it doesn't show as an insulated car needed for beer.

1 hour ago, Raildudes dad said:

It is "Little Shop of Whores" I don't get that.

Wasn't "little shop of horrors" a cult movie or something. Maybe a play on that. I dunno. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Wasn't "little shop of horrors" a cult movie or something. Maybe a play on that. I dunno. 

Little shop of horrors, 1986 snl squad, the greatest movie ever made.....

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!NOT.

• Like 1