USPS Problems?

I ordered a specific bearing from Ebay for an H transmission. Have been waiting for it but it is no emergency.

It was to be delivered, by tracking info, but it was not on Friday or Saturday.

Instead of delivering, they marked tracking as delivered and then forwarded.

I have been at the same address for 15 years.

So I printed out the tracking info and went to Post Office on Monday after the mail was delivered.

The guy was trying to help but was way over his head.

He had no idea where the package was and said maybe Minneapolis or back to seller.

The Postmistress got involved and gave no more info than the carrier had a death in the family and may have screwed up.

I agreed that can happen but where is my package?

She has no answers and is trying to find it.

I also have another package coming, with no tracking, that has not been delivered either.

The wife said Facebook is filled with complaints about USPS sending packages to the wrong address and getting lost.

Basically not delivered to correct address.

USPS no longer has career carriers so they are hiring people off the street to keep costs down.

The old saying to government, "Protect our shores and deliver the mail?"

Apparently one of these areas is no more.

Very frustrating!

PS: Some Ebay sellers print a shipping label after the sale and that marks the item as shipped. When you go to tracking, the item has not yet been received by the shipper so it is not on the way to you. I have caught many doing this. The last one contacted blamed Easter. Easter was 7 days after it was marked as shipped. Buyer beware!

• Sad 1

I had as dividend check mailed from a local bank December 15 that arrived Feb 20!  My post office regularly posts on tracking that a package has been delivered to my door at least 2 to 3 days before I get it!  In 2018 I had an overnight sent by a customer in March that didn't get delivered until November!  They suck!

My Daughter sent us a Christmas card postmarked 12/18 , We got it in March....

• Sad 1

My wife has worked for the post office for 18 years, It was so bad around here at Christmas that with only 2 years left to get full retirement she gave her notice and will be done the end of this month, 

She has been a hard worker all her life, grew up on a dairy farm. and put up with me for 42 years 

So I'm thinking the problem is the post office. of nine people six are getting done

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I will still take USPS over FedEx any day!!

And that isn't saying much 

• Haha 1

l've ordered 4 different items from 4 different places in the past 3 weeks. 2 arrived the day tracking said they would, the other 2 arrived a day earlier than tracking said they would. All shipped via UPS. I also feel l'm really fortunate to have a really excellent mail carrier and l've never had a reason to complain about my mail service.

13 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I will still take USPS over FedEx any day!!

You got that right!! l'll take UPS over FedEx any day.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

PS: Some Ebay sellers print a shipping label after the sale and that marks the item as shipped. When you go to tracking, the item has not yet been received by the shipper

Just had this happen with the sonic cleaner I ordered. Day after it was supposed to be delivered I contacted the seller. They promptly sent a reply stating that my order had indeed shipped. But by the FedEx tracking, later that day my order showed up at the FedEx facility. 

Dealt with this throughout the last year. Christmastime I swear half the packages we had coming ( along with some envelope mail) got to Allen Park Michigan and sat for 4 weeks. Got the last of that processed through in early February. 

Early last summer,  Ordered a package of round bale sleeves from a company in Ohio.  Provided tracking. Got to my local post office and sat. Tried to deliver a few times.  Claimed undeliverable. Go to the post office. They claim they don't have it. Call the company, they swear they shipped it and have tracked it to our post office too. The post office and I continue this dance for a couple of days. Finally the company in Ohio got a hold of their local postmaster who in turn called my area's postmaster and told her that she indeed had the package. Went back to the post office and took me out back where they load up the trucks a all and behold. Here's my package right smack Dan in the middle of this room. 10 inches tall, 3 ft. Long and weighing 35 pounds. " So you're where this package we've been tripping over for the last week " I really wanted to say something but I figured it was a waste of time so I gathered my package and left.

I can beat all those , 

I mailed a post card from the race track at the 24 hour of Le-mans in France . It had  a special stamp on it from the track and dated from that race.  It showed up a year and seven months later. 

Now where the heck was that post card for that long? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I am waiting for my tax returns from my accountant to send my taxes this week ....... I will be pretty mad if they don't get here in time

• Like 2

The USPS has screwed up the last two out of three items I have shipped.  The last screw up may cost me an $800 sale if the buyer gets impatient waiting for my "lost in the mail" part while his machine sits down.grrr  I will being switching to UPS to cover my hide.

Have UPS rates gone crazy or was I gouged?  I ordered a transmission mainshaft from a place in pennsylvania and it was sent here to Iowa. Thirteen pound package, three days, and $43.  Needed a plastic fuel gauge retainer for my Ford, no longer available, only one dealer in USA that had one, $5.00. I did not ask how much to ship. Got it three days later from UPS. $ 23 to ship a 2oz item that fit in a shirt pocket. I think I paid for all the free shipping from other retailers!!

• Sad 1

Nothing but trouble with packages and letter sized paper since the beginning of November 2020. Local post office is fine. They deliver everything they get each day. The hubs are the hang up. I was told by post mistress here that the USPS was undergoing a re-vamp. I said that is great because things could not get much worse. She then said it was a 13 year plan.....seriously.......

• Haha 1

We had a package that got as close to us as Manchester, NH, then went back to Long Island, then back to Manchester, then to Nashua, NH, and finally to our local distribution and PO. Watching the tracking was getting to be entertaining. It was just a spare part but it showed us just how fouled up the PO is.  That was around Christmas; usually they're more reliable. UPS is the best ground service for us, FedEx overnight if in a hurry. FedEx ground is just OK.

Teacher's mom at my wife's school took a part time job at the PO distribution center during Christmas. She reported it was pure chaos.

16 hours ago, Cattech said:

Just had this happen with the sonic cleaner I ordered. Day after it was supposed to be delivered I contacted the seller. They promptly sent a reply stating that my order had indeed shipped. But by the FedEx tracking, later that day my order showed up at the FedEx facility. 

Right, because the box doesn't instantly transmit itself to the Fedex facility the moment the label is slapped on. Pickup/dropoff is a once a day thing, so there will be lag between when the label goes into the system, and the package hits the sorting room floor.

• Like 1

For years, the USPS has complained they were getting less and less business due to Fax machines, then email. Now they are overwhelmed with work load. So which is it? My opinion? It's government run, they couldn't even make a house of ill repute profitable! I used to ship pumps out usps and had 99% good luck. One going from me in IL to near Desmoines, took a 2 week detour up to federal way Washington! They can't make money shipping stuff that doesn't need shipped! lol! I've gone to almost exclusively using UPS. Several pumps coming to me took a month to arrive via USPS. Our local office is fantastic! It is the hubs that are severely understaffed by people who couldn't care less about their work ethic!

• Like 2

We ordered a scale kit for an auger wagon out of Nebraska,a very polite lady called me the next day a said UPS wants 287$ to ship it and suggested i have it shipped to a business address. I called the local elevator and they said i could ship it there, i gave the lady there address and the shipping dropped...... 75$ they still wanted 200 and some change. I asked her if they had ever used Speedy Delivery  " yes do they deliver too you " I told her they did , Speedies quote was 84 $ and i had it at my door in two days.

On a side note a UPS driver told me they haul for Amazon for next to nothing, because of the volume they ship ,and stick it too everyone else to cover the difference.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Injpumped said:

For years, the USPS has complained they were getting less and less business due to Fax machines, then email. Now they are overwhelmed with work load. So which is it? My opinion? It's government run, they couldn't even make a house of ill repute profitable! I used to ship pumps out usps and had 99% good luck. One going from me in IL to near Desmoines, took a 2 week detour up to federal way Washington! They can't make money shipping stuff that doesn't need shipped! lol! I've gone to almost exclusively using UPS. Several pumps coming to me took a month to arrive via USPS. Our local office is fantastic! It is the hubs that are severely understaffed by people who couldn't care less about their work ethic!

How can it be they aren't profitable ?????

The if it fits it ships has one HUGE flaw. Anyone can get as many free boxes as they want. It probably would be profitable if you had to pay for the box when you picked it up weather you shipped it in the end or used it as for things . I see those boxes used for various things that requires no postage paid like used as package filler for other shipping companies. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bitty said:

The if it fits it ships has one HUGE flaw. Anyone can get as many free boxes as they want. It probably would be profitable if you had to pay for the box when you picked it up weather you shipped it in the end or used it as for things . I see those boxes used for various things that requires no postage paid like used as package filler for other shipping companies. 

I’m guilty of that,  I have some Amo stores on some of those. 

1 hour ago, bitty said:

Have you ever seen the government do any thing right? the amazon thing was stupid, you can get a 50 lb bag of dog food delivered for 50 cents 

• Like 1

I shipped a pair of 8' fork extensions for a forklift from Calif to Manitoba, Canada and it showed 5 days transit by UPS.  10 days later the customer is calling to see where the shipment is.  I go on the UPS tracking site and it shows the shipment arrived at the UPS dock.  Another week goes by and UPS still has not delivered the shipment.  I call the office in Manitoba to find out why the shipment isn't delivered and the girl goes out to the dock to look for the shipment.  I tell her it is 8' long x 7" tall x 6" wide and if the cardboard is ripped off that they are yellow.  She tells me they are there and the forklift drivers are using them.  I was pissed and the customer wasn't too happy either.   Finally the customer went there and picked them up.

No more UPS and we only used a trucking company to deliver them much faster and cheaper.

• Sad 1