I like to watch my Mn Twins after I'm done for the day. So Dish network has offered a package to watch all ball games for $130 so I sign up and find out all Twins games are blacked out in my area !!!! I call Dish and wait 20 minutes for a person to answer and get told they have no control over MLB network blackouts ! I asked for a refund so we'll see, I'm a little ticked so I check with MLB and they say they have a package for $109 to watch all the games so I bought it. I turn on the channel and it says blackout in my area !!! NOW I'M GETTING P****** so I call MLB and wait for the next available person to answer and she says what's your area code, I tell her and she says' that area is blacked out.#%**!! I demanded a refund. Home or away they are blacked out ! What gives anyway? I can watch any other team but the Twins and the Brewers. Well this sure ruins my baseball season !

1 minute ago, augercreek said:

I like to watch my Mn Twins after I'm done for the day. So Dish network has offered a package to watch all ball games for $130 so I sign up and find out all Twins games are blacked out in my area !!!! I call Dish and wait 20 minutes for a person to answer and get told they have no control over MLB network blackouts ! I asked for a refund so we'll see, I'm a little ticked so I check with MLB and they say they have a package for $109 to watch all the games so I bought it. I turn on the channel and it says blackout in my area !!! NOW I'M GETTING P****** so I call MLB and wait for the next available person to answer and she says what's your area code, I tell her and she says' that area is blacked out.#%**!! I demanded a refund. Home or away they are blacked out ! What gives anyway? I can watch any other team but the Twins and the Brewers. Well this sure ruins my baseball season !

Call me crazy, but i feel like your watching habits etc. are monitored, whatever you want to watch will be the thing that isn’t available without extra cost. Got an alexa or similar? Start talking about random stuff and see what starts popping up for ads on your computer.... big brother is watching. 

• Like 6

Augercreek, I feel your pain; it's the same here for the Cubs and Cardinals on any of the national network broadcasts.  Once I was upset enough to call and demand a partial refund.  Might just as well have been talking to a stone on the other end of the phone.  Maybe it is censorship at its finest, or just the start of it.

• Like 2

I know some of you may live in an area where satellite TV is your only option, but if a majority of people would drop there pay per view service, all of this programming would come back to free over the air TV. I dumped Dish Network two years ago,my kids grumbled a while but now no one seems to miss it.

• Like 1

Like to kind of keep track of the cardinals. Always liked listening to the games on the tractor. After the pulling of the all star game from Atlanta and talk of another walkout next year I think I'm done with baseball just like the other sports

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, augercreek said:

I think this is the common practice on any of the "League Passes" for the different sports. They advertise to watch any game at any time but in real fine print it says "only applies to teams not in your area". 

I used to get Fox Sports WI through Dish Network and I enjoyed watching the Brewers in the evenings during the summer since there is nothing else on TV anyway.  Then Dish and Fox Sports got into some sort of pissing match over money and now it's now longer available.  I know alot of people say to dump dish and just using streaming services.  But apparently I'm in the only place on earth that doesn't have an option for high speed internet so that doesn't work for me.  I should look if there is a way to watch the games on my phone.  Maybe I could connect the phone to the TV?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

Like to kind of keep track of the cardinals. Always liked listening to the games on the tractor. After the pulling of the all star game from Atlanta and talk of another walkout next year I think I'm done with baseball just like the other sports

Yup! Until the sports fans quit financially supporting these "woke" corporations,  (through ticket sales and TV deals), they're going to continue to abuse you. I wouldn't

necessarily blame the TV providers, (although they suck in their own right), as you found out on your own, it's the MLB that's the ultimate offender here. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

I used to get Fox Sports WI through Dish Network and I enjoyed watching the Brewers in the evenings during the summer since there is nothing else on TV anyway.  Then Dish and Fox Sports got into some sort of pissing match over money and now it's now longer available.  I know alot of people say to dump dish and just using streaming services.  But apparently I'm in the only place on earth that doesn't have an option for high speed internet so that doesn't work for me.  I should look if there is a way to watch the games on my phone.  Maybe I could connect the phone to the TV?

Nope. I'm right there with you. Provider took the government money and installed fiber optic. Right across the road from me. Nobody can hook up to it though. Their system is maxed out. But they took the government money and buried it anyway. Problem with government programs. Thats how we wind up with things leading nowhere. 

1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

After the pulling of the all star game from Atlanta and talk of another walkout next year I think I'm done with baseball just like the other sports

Not a sports fan, but a big +1 on that!!!!

• Like 2

I thought I was standard operating procedure to black out any professional sports in you area to "encourage " locals to buy tickets and attend? I'm not a big sports fan so I don't know I guess.  Been to a few NFL games in last 5 years or so but only cause my kids enjoy it. I have as much fun watching the drunks as the game.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I thought I was standard operating procedure to black out any professional sports in you area to "encourage " locals to buy tickets and attend? I'm not a big sports fan so I don't know I guess.  Been to a few NFL games in last 5 years or so but only cause my kids enjoy it. I have as much fun watching the drunks as the game.

I believe you are correct. With the limits that are in place these days, you'd think that blackouts would be lifted.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

The same for me and the Phillies.  I learned to do without them during 2020 and the recent All-Star Game nonsense strengthened my resolve.  I get a post-game alert email, but other than that I am off their radar.  I even refuse to open the MLB app.

5 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

The same for me and the Phillies.  I learned to do without them during 2020 and the recent All-Star Game nonsense strengthened my resolve.  I get a post-game alert email, but other than that I am off their radar.  I even refuse to open the MLB app.

MLB started this crap? Now they need to be shown there are consequences for their actions.

Hitting them in the checkbook is the only way of getting their attention.

Same with all businesses.

• Like 3

In the entire context, and up until they moved the All-Star game, MLB was the only sane one in the room.

You could NOT pay me enough to even turn around to watch, much less attend ANY feetsball game, much less one being played by the National League of Kneeling Felons, and I have NOT watched a NBA game since the days of Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, and their evil arch enemy, Bill Russell of the Boston Celtics, so that tells you how long its been since I have had ANY interest in that sport.

How stupid are the viewers/fans to think that the cardboard cutouts provide ANY 'authenticity' to watching a game?

9 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

How stupid are the viewers/fans to think that the cardboard cutouts provide ANY 'authenticity' to watching a game?

I'm sure I'd get no argument out from you Art, and many others on this forum,  there's no shortage of stupid sheeple soiling our former great country.

3 hours ago, augercreek said:

Put a different area code on your bill.  If you have relatives from out of state use their address.  With paperless billing, there is no need to share this information accurately. The only reason dish network knows where you live is because you tell them.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IH Forever said:

If you have a smart phone and a smart tv you can get a tv mirroring app.  

You want Fox Sports North? It's kind of funny, all the pay-per-view and sports channels and you can watch Kansas and Kentucky and Tampa Bay but you can't watch your Twins even if you're willing to pay?

On March 31, 2021, coinciding with the 2021 Major League Baseball season, Fox Sports North was rebranded as Bally Sports North, resulting in 18 other Regional Sports Networks renamed Bally Sports in their respective regions.[15]

FU#K BASEBALL  Im done with sports, there not sports any more just a bunch of over paid babys!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, augercreek said:

I like to watch my Mn Twins after I'm done for the day.

So how did you watch them before? What is preventing you from watching them that way now?

Blackouts are not a new thing, and there's always an asterisk with "Blackout rules apply" with these offers. It pays to check the blackout rules before you sign up. Buyer beware.

I’ve never been a fan of the political side of the commission office, and manfred is trying to hard to fix something that really isn’t broken, extra inning man on second is baloney, I’m still up in the air about the three batter rule, and maybe, just maybe the phantom slide at second is good but taking the catcher blocking at home unless he has the ball is nuts, but the pullout of Atlanta because of a law changing voting rules, get your head out of your butt, people watch the game to RID their minds of ongoing crap for three hours, quit trying to be so “woke” I guess is the new PC term now, they tried the blm imprint on the mound a few times but it didn’t last.

Fox Sports North no longer is and besides Dish dropped them in 2019. So last year a shortened season we had to hunt for them all over the network. So now this year all games are controlled by MLB. So no Twins.

22 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

I know some of you may live in an area where satellite TV is your only option, but if a majority of people would drop there pay per view service, all of this programming would come back to free over the air TV. I dumped Dish Network two years ago,my kids grumbled a while but now no one seems to miss it.

Got rid of the antenna 13 years ago. Don't miss it one bit 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

MLB started this crap? Now they need to be shown there are consequences for their actions.

Hitting them in the checkbook is the only way of getting their attention.

Same with all businesses.

Hit them where it hurts !!!!!

• Like 1