No fuel to injectors

Had to move my 1640 combine to get the seed drill out for spring planting.  The engine fired up first try, but there was a pop sound and it immediately shut down.  Haven't been able to restart since.  Panel lights up when the key is turned on, and the engine cranks over, just doesn't fire.  Figured it was a lack of fuel so I bled the line as instructed in the manual.  Initially there were a few bubbles at the water separator filter but nothing substantial. I'm getting a consistent flow of fuel to the injector pump when operating the hand pump, but when I loosen the nuts on the injector lines and turn over the engine, fuel spits out only at one of them.  Wondering if my injector pump could be faulty causing the engine not to start, or could there be other more likely causes?  Would appreciate any suggestions on what I should be looking at.  Thanks

11 minutes ago, Joey55 said:

Had to move my 1640 combine to get the seed drill out for spring planting.  The engine fired up first try, but there was a pop sound and it immediately shut down.  Haven't been able to restart since.  Panel lights up when the key is turned on, and the engine cranks over, just doesn't fire.  Figured it was a lack of fuel so I bled the line as instructed in the manual.  Initially there were a few bubbles at the water separator filter but nothing substantial. I'm getting a consistent flow of fuel to the injector pump when operating the hand pump, but when I loosen the nuts on the injector lines and turn over the engine, fuel spits out only at one of them.  Wondering if my injector pump could be faulty causing the engine not to start, or could there be other more likely causes?  Would appreciate any suggestions on what I should be looking at.  Thanks

Here's one of my experiences I had on my 1460 if its electric solenoid fuel shut-off check the power wire with the key switch on if theres power maybe the solenoid is stuck I always had to tap on mine after it sat awhile to unstick it

Sounds like the pump seized. Is it a 5.9L Cummins with a CAV, DPA? The pop concerns me.

The starting problem turned out to be an air lock in the injector line. Thought I had it all removed with the first bleed but apparently there was some remaining.  Still don't know what the pop sound was but at least the engine seems to be working fine.  Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and helpful advice.  

35 minutes ago, Joey55 said:

The starting problem turned out to be an air lock in the injector line. Thought I had it all removed with the first bleed but apparently there was some remaining.  Still don't know what the pop sound was but at least the engine seems to be working fine.  Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and helpful advice.  

Thank you for reporting your findings. Too many times the forum never hears what the problem and solution was.

That is good news! The pop makes me think bad things. If it's running now, it wasn't the pump then. Likely has drained back due to a leaky throttle and shutoff lever on the CAV pump, which is common. It gives the "finger off the straw" scenario.