Spring pics from around the farm

You have some nice stuff Bill.  I always enjoy your pictures. 

Thanks guys.  You should all take and share pics too!  It’s what makes this place great!  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

Thanks guys.  You should all take and share pics too!  It’s what makes this place great!  

I would like to, but don't seem to have the time.  With the boys here, I noticed either we are not going fast enough, or are going to slow, take your pick:lol:  

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

On the 15 didn't it have 30.5's and a factory cab or do you have two 1566's ? 

Ground is dry here in NY. Glad to see we are not the only ones that run a single dual for plowing. Given.....first time opening overhead door, the tractor dad wanted out First, was parked in the Back. 

DE3A0599-2C72-4C7E-A760-60759080F8B6.jpeg

FCDA8768-665C-49AD-B726-D361E18F37CB.jpeg

6112F685-05AF-47DD-81E4-B9A244D5BDFC.jpeg

4AAC1062-8D7B-4201-B4BC-358F39531BA3.jpeg

• Like 12
1 hour ago, bitty said:

On the 15 didn't it have 30.5's and a factory cab or do you have two 1566's ? 

2 different tractors.  One a 1975 the other a 1976.

C4D4F0F6-5F15-4079-9541-71872CAB8B35.jpeg

AA29514C-3A11-4AC7-8D8A-5635DD6C002C.jpeg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

I would like to, but don't seem to have the time.  With the boys here, I noticed either we are not going fast enough, or are going to slow, take your pick:lol:  

Take time to smell the roses!  It’s worth it.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Ground is dry here in NY. Glad to see we are not the only ones that run a single dual for plowing. Given.....first time opening overhead door, the tractor dad wanted out First, was parked in the Back. 

DE3A0599-2C72-4C7E-A760-60759080F8B6.jpeg

FCDA8768-665C-49AD-B726-D361E18F37CB.jpeg

6112F685-05AF-47DD-81E4-B9A244D5BDFC.jpeg

4AAC1062-8D7B-4201-B4BC-358F39531BA3.jpeg

It’s a rare occasion when we don’t run the landslide dual.  Is that a DMI plow?

3 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

(Whats DMI?) 

DMI was Dietrich Manufacturing Inc, based in Goodfield IL.  They sold out to CIH in the 90’s.  They built a variable width plow that Kinze designed.  Big heavy hydraulic adjustable plows.  Plant is still there building CNH equipment.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

(Whats DMI?) 

DMI is/was an equipment manufacturer. They made some equipment like plows and rippers along with dual wheels for tractors, and shock bumpers for pickups. I’m sure they made other items as well. Grandpa’s 1086 he bought new has DMI duals on it because there were no IH duals available at the time it came in.  

D74F9A8E-F18E-4882-AB72-F83F84E9159F.jpeg

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

(Whats DMI?) 

4 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

DMI was Dietrich Manufacturing Inc, based in Goodfield IL.  They sold out to CIH in the 90’s.  They built a variable width plow that Kinze designed.  Big heavy hydraulic adjustable plows.  Plant is still there building CNH equipment.

Made "famous" (?) by the Ecolo-Tiger. Sold a pile of them in the early 2000's at the CNH dealer I worked for. Still see them everywhere around here. Blue paint was an eye catcher.

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh.......about 20....or 30 years too New for me to be familiar with then.  Our plows are old Ford/Oliver.  We have a green set of six bottoms that are identical, other than having straight coulters. 

3 minutes ago, messer9696 said:

Made "famous" (?) by the Ecolo-Tiger. Sold a pile of them in the early 2000's at the CNH dealer I worked for. Still see them everywhere around here. Blue paint was an eye catcher.

How many NH3 toolbars do you suppose they sold over the years?  Field cultivators?  There were a bunch of DMI gravity wagons around here too.  Of course Goodfield is only an hour away.

6 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

How many NH3 toolbars do you suppose they sold over the years?  Field cultivators?  There were a bunch of DMI gravity wagons around here too.  Of course Goodfield is only an hour away.

Their short-line product was good enough to be bought up by a major player, so I'm guessing a lot.

Called “Tiger mate” field cultivators were’t they?  Made a version I and II, I believe.