Ya just can't take the kid out of some of em

sandhiller

1 hour ago, junkandcattle said:

Bale lot is so sloppy right now I may try that today see if I can line up straight with bales ?

Try to even the ruts out.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

wonder what the owner thinks of his quarter million dollar truck being used as a toy

Bet that is closer to 2.5 million than a quarter million. 
We used to do that with floaters but it wasn’t all intentional. If you could slide into a corner you might keep from getting stuck! 

• Like 1

Went to school with a kid who once did a complete Brody with a 67 or 8 cam er o in his dad's 24 x 24 garage without hitting anything.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Went to school with a kid who once did a complete Brody with a 67 or 8 cam er o in his dad's 24 x 24 garage without hitting anything.......

I bet I know that guy! Never heard that story but he was king of the nut-cutting business!

Always did my best driving under pressure ? Learned to drive fast at night on gravel roads. To this day I don’t care for anti-lock brakes or traction control (they have their place) on a vehicle. That is impressive but probably not very good on equipment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

I bet I know that guy! Never heard that story but he was king of the nut-cutting business!

I bet you do. I wasn't there but heard the story more than once. 

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Drive it like ya stole it!

exactly how the union unloaded ships in the 70-80s with imports.

bent frames ,scored engines, alignment issue ,right off the dealer lot.

when investigated the response was ....total port strike , millions per day vs few $100k per month kick back and "I see NOTHING"

3 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Watched a guy do that on a bridge in a chevelle. Didn’t get close to the guardrails.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Maybe it is a regional term, but what is a “Brody” in this context?  A 180?

Cookie??? Donut??? 360???

5 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Can't turn around my wheelbarrow in my 24x24 without hitting something.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Think I found my long lost brother?

tumblr_6e95288d2d912fbff2853bb4391c773f_0eaac980_400.gif.ddf0b7b4719adfb29fee4296d52f8bd2.gif

With as easy as them things tip over I wouldn’t be power sliding with them to much lol. 

Friend of mine owns a construction outfit and he had rented a couple of vovlvo a40D rock trucks before he’d bought his own. One of his hired men was playing around with it the one day like this and tried to slide into position. Proceeded to flop the box over on its side. Didn’t hurt much so he called up the dealer and said what happened. Dealer just said oh don’t worry about it, you’re not the first and you won’t be the last lol. 

3 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Maybe it is a regional term, but what is a “Brody” in this context?  A 180?

In the 70s and beyond it meant a 360/ donut what ever at least that's what i always thought. ?‍♂️ Maybe it is local thing or an iowa thing? Idk where it came from. 

And as I said i wasn't there so maybe it was only a 180. But this kid would try it and usually got away with stuff like that too. He was one of those guys that seemed to know just what his ride could/would do. If I tried it the garage would be on the ground flat. Lol

5 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

With as easy as them things tip over I wouldn’t be power sliding with them to much lol. 

Friend of mine owns a construction outfit and he had rented a couple of vovlvo a40D rock trucks before he’d bought his own. One of his hired men was playing around with it the one day like this and tried to slide into position. Proceeded to flop the box over on its side. Didn’t hurt much so he called up the dealer and said what happened. Dealer just said oh don’t worry about it, you’re not the first and you won’t be the last lol. 

I would have been pretty torqued seeing the tranny spinning in reverse before he had stopped.  Either way he is treating the machine pretty rough.

here they have gone away from dump beds, lot’s of ejector boxes now.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

I would have been pretty torqued seeing the tranny spinning in reverse before he had stopped.  Either way he is treating the machine pretty rough.

here they have gone away from dump beds, lot’s of ejector boxes now.  

Absolutely. If it was mine he’d be fired or at least warned not to do it again. 

Definitely  some jobs where the ejector box would be nice. Road building or leveling off a development it would be pretty handy. Saves some wear on the dozer anyways. I’d think wet dirt in the winter might be a issue though. Haven’t seen to many around here yet. More in Alberta though. 

The exact term used to follow Steve Brody who was supposed to have jumped off the Brooklyn bridge on a bet in 1886 and lived, but the veracity of the claim was never really proved. After that the term was used in any jump or fall, then it became a staple as in “well Steve Brody did it so can I “ after that it became known for anything of a daredevil nature, and has now been a phrase used for car donuts and 180 turns. Kind of a catch all phrase for anything in a hold my beer vein.

F0818456-D7B8-4D54-AFFD-5565C68E381B.jpeg

1EE686CD-6AE2-46F4-A823-CD7546069CAA.jpeg

• Like 2