Rear wheel weights for 34 in loose wheels

I need a picture of the Loose Wheels that are described in the parts book. I think they are used on wheatland models. They are 34 inch cast that bolt to a ten bolt hub similar to a dual wheel hub. I have a set of weights that fit those wheels, I think, and need to be sure. Pictures of those wheels and weights would be great. My parts book describes them, but no picture.

Thanks Matt

• Like 1

I think these are the ones you are talking about. Pics are from an 806/2806 parts book.  The second pic right above my finger notes the weights for the “loose wheel hubs”

A9BAA401-0B9D-4A3F-A333-6C456088DA4C.jpeg

B2B2CC05-C979-4C0B-AB8D-081C0B81726B.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I think these are the ones you are talking about. Pics are from an 806/2806 parts book.  The second pic right above my finger notes the weights for the “loose wheel hubs”

A9BAA401-0B9D-4A3F-A333-6C456088DA4C.jpeg

B2B2CC05-C979-4C0B-AB8D-081C0B81726B.jpeg

Yes those are the ones. I only have a 66 parts book, it lists them but no picture. So the weights have a different bolt pattern correct? Are they easy to find or no?

17 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Yes those are the ones. I only have a 66 parts book, it lists them but no picture. So the weights have a different bolt pattern correct? Are they easy to find or no?

different bolt pattern  than  what?

If those are the same as the 660 a member is looking for some of these ....

@EHauck 122

• Like 2

1 hour ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

I can’t imagine they are nearly as common at all as the normal weights. Especially in the Midwest where there aren’t as many wheatland machines. Not sure on the bolt pattern. Someone like @Long Farms might know or perhaps @Axial Flow since he owns the machine listed in that other post I mentioned? 

52 minutes ago, rustred said:

different bolt pattern  than  what?

Versus a normal wheel weight on a row crop tractor. 

Obviously I can measure the bolt pattern to see, I was just curious because it says for loose wheel hubs only. I have a set of those weights, they were just dropped of by a friend of mine. Haven't checked them out other than the part number stamped on them. We don't have a tractor with those wheels, at least not yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

We don't have a tractor with those wheels, at least not yet.......

It's a disease. ;)

• Haha 1

There were some 'wheatland' tractors in rice country. They had big rice and cane rear tires, single rib front tires, wide coverage fenders and setback hd axles but still had pto and 3pt. I've seen them from 706 up to 1066 ( no setback axle)

Thx-Ace 

On 4/10/2021 at 8:00 PM, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

I need a picture of the Loose Wheels that are described in the parts book. I think they are used on wheatland models. They are 34 inch cast that bolt to a ten bolt hub similar to a dual wheel hub. I have a set of weights that fit those wheels, I think, and need to be sure. Pictures of those wheels and weights would be great. My parts book describes them, but no picture.

Thanks Matt

If you want send me a phone number I can send you a picture of the weights. I don’t know how to put pics. On here.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:46 PM, acem said:

Would a set of 10 bolt duals fit that pattern?

They are not the same pattern as a 10 bolt wheel. Probably closer in diameter to the 9 bolt style. I don’t know if anything else uses that same pattern.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:00 PM, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Thanks Matt

I’m pretty sure they have a smaller bolt pattern. I’ll have to check, but it might be the same pattern as the pressed wheels. I have no idea why IH decided to use such a different wheel on those tractors!

My 706 owners manual describes the use of these wheels.  They are listed in the 'international 706 tractor section as 'Attached-Clamp Rims'. They can be used as singles or duals with a special cast wheel.

All the 'wheatland' (rice field) tractors i have seen in Arkansas came with big single rear tires. Typically 23.1x34. I have never seen one with duals.  In a muddy rice field! duals must have considerable space between them or it fills up with mud. Long axles and dual spacers changed the standard from big singles to wide duals. 

20210413_082516.jpg

20210413_082551.jpg

In the weight section it describes how to mount the weights for these wheels. I have never seen one.

Also listed on this page is a spark plug pump. Can you still get those?

Thx-Ace 

20210413_084403.jpg

10 hours ago, acem said:

In the weight section it describes how to mount the weights for these wheels. I have never seen one.

Also listed on this page is a spark plug pump. Can you still get those?

Thx-Ace 

20210413_084403.jpg

I have a spark plug pump. Not sure if it is IH. You can barely find decent spark plugs, let alone a pump...?

• Haha 1