Case 510 loader on IH 1466

So this is a followup to a thread I started a few days ago about putting a 510 loader on my 1466.  The general consensus among some of you was that, yes, it can be done and has been done.  I started to put the front mounting part on the tractor today and this is the problem I have; see the attached pictures.  

How do I get over this?  I made a template of the arms that bolt onto the frame and I think there are two holes that will work... I'll have to drill holes for the arms to fit.  This is about to become very depressing very fast.  Any advice?

20210409_172107.jpg

20210409_172024.jpg

20210409_172015.jpg

Are you a fabricater at all? Time to cut and weld. Don't get depressed, ain't worth that. Just ask around for a little help if you don't blacksmith yourself. I have a set of loader brackets laying in the shed off a 1466 that a customer had custom built. I am not sure what model loader, but it was a Case IH that he normally ran on a Maxxum. Too bad you are so far away. 

• Like 1

Yessir, I can weld enough to get by but a dime stacker I ain't.  I was thinking taking a torch and cutting enough of that plate brace and then a hole big enough in the plate going up against the tractor to get a 3/4" bolt in but was worried about weakening the integrity of the bracket.  I can't measure correctly enough to figure out where the bolt holes in the side arm braces until I get that front piece put on so I can measure how far back the arms need to be to support the back of the loader.  I hope that makes sense.  Tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

32 minutes ago, Texas Tony said:

Yessir, I can weld enough to get by but a dime stacker I ain't.  I was thinking taking a torch and cutting enough of that plate brace and then a hole big enough in the plate going up against the tractor to get a 3/4" bolt in but was worried about weakening the integrity of the bracket.  I can't measure correctly enough to figure out where the bolt holes in the side arm braces until I get that front piece put on so I can measure how far back the arms need to be to support the back of the loader.  I hope that makes sense.  Tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

My guess is that a 2 wheel drive tractor on that loader would be ok to modify like your saying. If the back mounts are doing their job the front bracket only holds up or down pressure on the front of the loader frame

Hay bales will be the heaviest thing I pick up with this loader.  You have to be careful with any kind of machinery, so I'll have to be extra careful around this one after cutting and fabbing a bit.  I'll post pictures of my progress.  And thanks for the encouragement.

I can picture what you’re saying, but I think that notch/hole would need to be bigger than you’re planning. Figure a 2” bolt, even working the bolt through on an angle, you’d be at about a 1.5” notch.......actually..... now that I think  more, go for it.  If the notch ends up too big looking, you can add strength back into the bracket by welding in another set of uprights an inch or two inboard.  

It looks like the bracket will need to be spaced out from the front bolster anyway to not hit the grille on the tractor.

Get yourself a 1/2" plate to bolt to the four weight bracket bolts Mark drill and thread the plate for the loader bracket. Make some spacers to hold the loader bracket out off the heads of the weight bracket bolts and/or space the loader bracket out enough to miss the grille, probably 3/4" to 1". Weld them to the plate. Maybe even drill and tap them for the loader bolts.