fifth wheel running gear

has anybody used a fifth wheel running gear for a head carrier i have one i made out of a running gear but this one came out of a propane tank just not sure how this would work 

Believe you need to better explain what you mean by "head carrier" and what came from a propane tank.

I don't understand your intentions---------with no replies, no one else must understand either??

DD

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Delta Dirt said:

Believe you need to better explain what you mean by "head carrier" and what came from a propane tank.

I don't understand your intentions---------with no replies, no one else must understand either??

DD

I'm assuming he means a combine head carrier Anson. 🤷‍♂️ and the chassis formerly had a propane tank or anhydrous tank on it? What I gathered anyway.

I would not use a 5th wheel running gear for anything!!

Ron

42 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I'm assuming he means a combine head carrier Anson. 🤷‍♂️ and the chassis formerly had a propane tank or anhydrous tank on it? What I gathered anyway.

OK------that makes sense.

I was thinking something cut out of a propane tank.     (Duhhhhh------need to grease my gears!!!!)🤔

DD

1 hour ago, Delta Dirt said:

DD

Don't know what he means on the propane tank part. But I think he's talking about building a header cart to haul around either a combine grain head or corn head. These wide heads you take them off the combine when you're on the road. Haul it end ways so you aren't taking up the whole road. Get to your destination and put it back on. 

Propane tank cart same as anhydrous tank transport maybe?  Anhydrous tanks are almost invariably on a 5th wheel style transport.  Don’t get that miserable fishtailing that is all but impossible to eliminate with a “wagon” running gear.  

My turn to guess

I think he is talking about a trailer used to move large Lp tanks.

their like a ''logging arch.

it stratiles the tank and then picked up from the top hooks.

as for ''fith wheel'' to each their own

our travel trailer and tripple axle equipment trailer both work fine up to 15K

just have to remember to check the pins often and make sure that no one messed with them

Mike