2404...god awful vibration help needed

brian falcone

Tractor runs well...greased religiously... it has a c 135 gas engine 4-speed transmission with a quick forward and reverser. If you push in the clutch and put the transmission into gear everything is fine as soon as you have the forward or reverse lever engaged and the clutch pedal is pushed down there's a god-awful vibration that shakes the entire hood and dashboard of the tractor. It doesnt seem like a grinding noise more of a hitting/ vibration. If the forward and reverse lever is kept in neutral it does not make the sound as soon as you let the clutch pedal up and it begins to grab the sound goes away. I checked out the clutch adjustments everything seems fine I have an inch of free play in the pedal .the fingers inside the bellhousing appear to be adjusted properly I'm really hoping I don't have to split the tractor to dig deeper into this problem. Also why would anything be spinning in the transmission if the clutch pedal is pressed down? anybody have any info?

if it used a 5 sp 340 trans would start with 

10 BRG. CYLIN- BEARING ASSY 30mm ID x 54.04mm OD x 24.9mm W 53323DA $90.20 3-7 business days 1

as they spit out rollers,

it looks like a modified C trans ( #53 common to go out,as in the water .)..

with upgraded F & R   sounds  more like bearings on these shafts

34 376943R1 376943R1 Call Call 0 SHAFT, transmission spline (without PTO) (order SHAFT, 376907R11)
    35 376926R21 376926R21 Call Call 0 SHAFT ASSY, input

park it so you dont do more damage to it! --- I just bought a 310 g case crawler with reverse idler shaft and bearings ground out! ---PO just kept running it instead of finding out what the noise was and fix it! ---- now I am at a standstill cause there are no shafts to be had for it!