International 660 info.

Hello I have a international 660 diesel with a well worn serial number plate. What I can read on the serial number plate is 2251 S-Z-00 Is this the correct amount of digits for the serial number? Also what year is it as I was told its a 1959 but would like to confirm. Thanks

20210407_184555.jpg

My neighbor has a couple 660's ---- one his dad bought new to not only farm with but to pull the JD #6 cornsheller doing custom shelling when the tractor wasnt in the field! Neat old model!

Its CC, not OO. It is a 1959. S is for t/a and live pto, Z is for 17gpm hyd. pump and CC is heavy duty tillage third gear

• Thanks 1

Harvester should HAVE made the 660 in the row-crop version with a fast hitch and adjustable front axle. They would not have gotten their asses kicked as bad as the 4010 was kicking the 560's clear out of the field

13 minutes ago, hagan said:

Harvester should HAVE made the 660 in the row-crop version with a fast hitch and adjustable front axle. They would not have gotten their asses kicked as bad as the 4010 was kicking the 560's clear out of the field

It should have been easy enough because isn't the 660 just a 560 with the engine squeezed tighter with planetary rear axles.  However, I was told by someone maybe even on here that the 660 had more issues then the 560 did upon introduction.  Maybe it was a blessing in disguise IH didn't try it.