So my brother just bought a 1872.    Bought it knowing it had issues.    The hydraulic lift does not work.   The cylinder is fine.   There is absolutely no hydraulic pressure to the cylinder.   The power steering works just fine.   Any ideas??

Steering gets priority similar to the big tractors I believe. Would find priority valve and check function?

So we checked a few things quick.   Has 300 psi charge pressure which I believe is high.    Took out charge relief and implement relief valve and springs are in tact.    That is all I had time for.   

Valve body isn't loose on the steering column is it......(lever moves whole valve not just the spool)?

PS does have priority,  priority out goes to lift valve in, the both dump to a common dump/return line with a tee. 

Here is the circuit diagram.

PS manual diagram.JPG

Nate, was that 300# on the hydro itself, or with a gauge in a remote and the lever deadheaded.  300# is a little high for charge loop (min 200psig with hyd. lift) but not too bad.  The remote valve should dead head around 800 psig (gauge on a male quick coupler nipple).

I still wonder if the valve is loose on the column......

We just figured it out.   Previous owner had the lines mixed up on the power steering ports.    The had the “out” port and the “aux” port mixed up so the power steering worked but it was dumping oil rather that feeding the auxiliary valves.    There is a few things on this thing we are wondering about previous owners mech ability.    Crank seal was leaking and it was clearly wrong seal.   1/16” away from crank!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1