TD15C transmission fluid passing into the engine?

I have a 1973 TD15C. Transmission oil drains into the engine in about four hours during use. I have pulled the torque converter and changed all the seals. It is still moving oil into the engine from the transmission. Could the scavenger pump be doing this? what else should i check?

Welcome to the forum Frank.  There is not a scavenge pump on a TD15C.  The bell housing is scavenged by a hose on the lower rt side of the bell housing.  The flywheel ring gear throws the oil into a trough at the hose fitting.  If there was ever a starter bendix failure that fitting could be plugged with debris or there could be a bad return hose.  The rear engine seal should also be a double lip seal for this application which it probably is.  Other causes could be excessive conv leakage which it sounds like you have addressed or maybe a plugged or damaged vent.  Could have a vent on top the conv housing or a small line back to the vent on the main frame.  Good luck

Dennis

I think the only place the 2 can mingle is the rear main seal. Believe the new seal come with a speedy sleeve for the crank. 

On 4/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, Frank61 said:

I have a 1973 TD15C. Transmission oil drains into the engine in about four hours during use. I have pulled the torque converter and changed all the seals. It is still moving oil into the engine from the transmission. Could the scavenger pump be doing this? what else should i check?

Thanks for the replies. I will check the hose and vents. All seals were replaced. I have better power than ever. The puzzling part is how the transmission is pushing fluid into the engine? Once this is fixed I can start working on the Carco 60 winch. Thank you!