7140 3 point stays on high pressure when raised. have checked the pots and set correct. moving the arm on the hight pot does"nt change it. draft pots. are bypassed. is next step in hitch valve? tia

taking voltage measurement from ehc box in cab. rock shaft  pot set at .01 volt in lower position when in raise position arms go to top of travel and it stays on high pressure. can not adjust linkage in slot to get it off of high press. or any free up travel in arms. this one seems to be baffling me for some reason.

I don't remember which pins but it's pin to pin not pin to ground. Adjustment of pot is made by loosening setscrew and using screwdriver slot to turn pot shaft.

I seem to recall voltage is measured from center to end of pot.

10 hours ago, hippy5488 said:

7140 3 point stays on high pressure when raised. have checked the pots and set correct. moving the arm on the hight pot does"nt change it. draft pots. are bypassed. is next step in hitch valve? tia

8 hours ago, hippy5488 said:

taking voltage measurement from ehc box in cab. rock shaft  pot set at .01 volt in lower position when in raise position arms go to top of travel and it stays on high pressure. can not adjust linkage in slot to get it off of high press. or any free up travel in arms. this one seems to be baffling me for some reason.

Are you adjusting the rockshaft potentiometer up on the right rear cab mount?

Other than staying on high pressure, does the hitch raise and lower properly? Go all the way down?

Is it on pressure at any position or only at the top?

Could be an issue in the hitch valve centering. 

Pull the hitch controller fuse to see if it goes off of high pressure. 

• Like 1