the torque is in inch pounds and requires a 3/8 drive torque wrench. the last time i torqued an oil pan was in class about 45 years ago.  i spray the gasket both sides with pematex high tack gasket spay. then just snug the bolts lightly going around 3-4 times till its snug, without squishing the gasket  out. its just a feel and see thing.

• Like 1

The torque on these bolts is a learned process , I can see someone not knowing what tight is that might use a air wrench or a breaker bar tightening and twisting off  small bolts. After while experienced mechanic's know how tight to get things like any external covers and different gasket materials I never went by torque values and never will for cover fasteners  too many variables .

6 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

The torque on these bolts is a learned process , I can see someone not knowing what tight is that might use a air wrench or a breaker bar tightening and twisting off  small bolts. After while experienced mechanic's know how tight to get things like any external covers and different gasket materials I never went by torque values and never will for cover fasteners  too many variables .

i had two broken off on one of the 560s i purchased on the rear corners. The pan itself had been whacked on a rock or something and was pushed in A LOT where the drain plug is welded in so it was cracked and leaked oil regularly. I removed the pan, the broken studs, removed the dents in the pan, brazed the pan around the plug and all i can say is, i learned how to NOT overtighten FORD valve covers in the 60s/70s so if you have ever had to learn the feel of those cork gaskets, you will do fine with a 560 pan gasket, its way more forgiving.

• Like 2