Harbor freight coupon

Why is it when I need a harbor freight coupon I can’t find one . Anyone got one they can send me please??

they quit the coupons. no more 20% off.

8 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

On an unrelated note I just posted an ad on CL

seen they are now charging $5 for auto, motorcycle, and RV ads

for 30 day listing

They been doing that for a while now, like couple years maybe? Only I thought it was more than that? Maybe they dropped the price or my memory is fautly.....I think that's why you see more cars/trucks on Facebook market place now....

15 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

They been doing that for a while now, like couple years maybe? Only I thought it was more than that? Maybe they dropped the price or my memory is fautly.....I think that's why you see more cars/trucks on Facebook market place now....

yes CL has fallen by the wayside and f/b marketplace has picked up the torch, its the only reason I got a f/b page was to keep up with the listings - harder to find DEALs these days 

I think HF is feeling the pinch and trying to encourage more people to become a member like the big CLUBs format. They have changed their business plan to more of a Sams/Costco member format. 

I am old school, i like to look at the catalogs/sales and was more apt to get something I might have been waiting for a sale on. I dont look at my email and read the catalogs there they send out or sales ads they email. I guess I am too old n crusty, i just hit delete on the HF emails now. 

• Like 1

Ok,  i went to Harbor freight  to get my press that cost $199.00. They told me  if i joined the insiders club it was $154.00 and that would cost $29.00. that made no sense. so now I'm part of the insiders club , watch out. LOL

24 minutes ago, Dell said:

Ok,  i went to Harbor freight  to get my press that cost $199.00. They told me  if i joined the insiders club it was $154.00 and that would cost $29.00. that made no sense. so now I'm part of the insiders club , watch out. LOL

I did the same thing for an engine stand. I couldn’t understand what she was telling me with that **** mask on and I said yes. When I realized what I agreed to it was to late. My hearing sucks and if I can’t read lips I’m probably not gonna understand what someone is saying when wearing a mask and talking with a piece of plexiglass between us. Next time I’ll say WHAT as many times as it takes to hear them

• Like 1

Found a couple "useless" coopins................................

92507339_hazardfraught.jpg.0cfc36774293cdb019f0af4399a1ecac.jpg

• Haha 6

Been to HF in Bismarck ND twice. Bought 5 items total all made in China. Don't think I am ever going back to the China store.

Is every thing in HF made in china?  What % is made in USA?   I have e-mailed HF twice about these two questions in the last couple of weeks .No reply.

Although I have been tempted to go into a HF store and buy their "aluminum racing jack", so far I have resisted, as my goal is to have written on my headstone 'He NEVER set foot in a Harbor Freight Store".

What I do remember is driving by a HF warehouse located alongside I-95 in North Carolina, and being able to smell the odor of Chinese manufactured merchandise, wafting from the place.

• Haha 1

who would have thought you could plug one end into electric outlet and get water out the other end 

or vise versa

If they can make that in China I'm never buying anything from another country

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

CL did that to cut down on the dealers, scammers, and dreamers... IN RESPONSE TO OVERWHELMING COMPLAINTS FROM USERS. Now what you get are actual cars for sale from private individuals that are serious about selling.

So now people complain because there are fewer ads... Apparently they just like looking at the pretty car pictures? If you're actually shopping for a car, there are more real car ads now.

FB Marketplace is a joke. The search is useless. All I ever get in searches is a couple of hits and tons of unrelated ads. I want to see "CaseIH" items, not Mexican food, not a rusty old car, not a garden hose, not a candle with some lewd quote regarding male genetalia on it.

• Thanks 1

It appears in my area there are mostly dealer cars on cl now and most of the REAL people are using alternate methods to sell. I haven't looked much at craigs list cars for sale for some time. And so far have refused to pay for the privilege of selling a car on cl. 

I also get many totally unrelated hits on google.  Crawler is not as unrelated but not being parsed they will return everything located on a search so you will have to parse the search.

I was at Northern Tool last week they are very much Harbor Freight but also sell Honda powered stuff. I needed a trash cover for a load to the land fill they had a China made mesh tarp. 8X10 for around $30. I think I got taken but needed the cover. For several years they sold a TRUE Chinese tractor. Wonder where you get parts for the tractor today?

28 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

CL did that to cut down on the dealers, scammers, and dreamers... IN RESPONSE TO OVERWHELMING COMPLAINTS FROM USERS. Now what you get are actual cars for sale from private individuals that are serious about selling.

So now people complain because there are fewer ads... Apparently they just like looking at the pretty car pictures? If you're actually shopping for a car, there are more real car ads now.

FB Marketplace is a joke. The search is useless. All I ever get in searches is a couple of hits and tons of unrelated ads. I want to see "CaseIH" items, not Mexican food, not a rusty old car, not a garden hose, not a candle with some lewd quote regarding male genetalia on it.

AMEN. I hate the FB search with a passion. Type in "Allis Chalmers" and you get everything from Allis to Toyota. Dealers, private and believe me the scammers. There are far more scammers on FB than there ever was on CL. 

I responded to a CL ad 2 days ago that turned out to be a spam or something. Doing another search, a similar item shows up, different contact number, but location was the same and the person’s name was the same. I didn’t bother contacting him 

3 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

who would have thought you could plug one end into electric outlet and get water out the other end 

that'd be 110 volts at 5 gpm there Carl.........................😉

1863662360_outletwaterelec.jpg.c0c2cdecafe1350ccad573070e9ded9b.jpg

• Haha 1

I try to hit the mom and pop type local hardware store as much as possible (again today actually) but I land in HF every so often too.  Their  $19.99 Pittsburg black impact sockets are -tough-.  Actually, I don’t know if the current ones still are, but I bought 4 sets 12-15, maybe 20 years ago and I’ve never damaged one.  Huge bars and pipes included. And for $9.99-19.99  I have an assortment  of their tiny pneumatic tools; cut off wheels, sanders etc....oooooo, that mini hacksaw that takes the little jigsaw style blades....that thing I figure would maybe work once and then I’d throw it in a drawer, but I’ve had it for Years, and when something goes bad and I need to resort to cutting in a tight spot.......it saves the day. 

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

that'd be 110 volts at 5 gpm there Carl.........................😉

1863662360_outletwaterelec.jpg.c0c2cdecafe1350ccad573070e9ded9b.jpg

Hay having water pouring out of a electric outlet for real gave me tingles long before I got close. The vineyard has panel for a 50 gpm pump a electric gate and plug next to a well at the bottom of a hill. The water goes to 5000 tank with what use to be mercury switches, since the mercury was removed they last half as long. The switch wire is in a plastic conduit down to the panel box. Tank was full running over and shutting off so water went into conduit and came down hill to breaker box. No water near the main breaker side so I flipped it, no shock. Called the pump man that put it all together.

For tools you will only use once every 5 years HF stuff can work. But yes they are all cheap China junk. 

• Like 1