This would be a wheatland 66 series.

5 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Looking at a auction website and a 1066 that looks to be factory no pto. Plate and bolt colors match tractor . Funny that later tractors were still non pto.

Cheapo Deluxe

lots of times on a field tractor the pto never gets used anyhow. i have no use for a pto on a tractor like that. and to bale hay i use a smaller tractor.

17 minutes ago, rustred said:

lots of times on a field tractor the pto never gets used anyhow. i have no use for a pto on a tractor like that. and to bale hay i use a smaller tractor.

That was the thought when a lot of these were purchased new. That was the prize field tractor use it sparingly and park it inside. The m or h did all the chore , haying and stuff like that.

• Like 2

The Pto delete and what I call a western drawbar is not unusual in the dakotas and Canada. Even thru the 88 series I see pto delete and western style draw bars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i was just thinking the way that drawbar is it would make the front end lighter than the one bolted to the rear axles like i got.

IMG_1425.JPG

28 minutes ago, rustred said:

i was just thinking the way that drawbar is it would make the front end lighter than the one bolted to the rear axles like i got.

IMG_1425.JPG

You see soon pictures of 66 series with that drawbar. But the ones we all had have the top draw bar.

4 hours ago, rustred said:

IMG_1425.JPG

Do you mean weight transfer?  Shouldn't matter since both drawbars are pulling from the front of the diff housing, just supported differently at the rear.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Do you mean weight transfer?  Shouldn't matter since both drawbars are pulling from the front of the diff housing, just supported differently at the rear.

I never thought of the difference but dads turbo standard 806 with a drawbar to axle housings and 18.4 34 rears would outpull the turbo 966 with 18.4 38 same weight between the two tractors only difference was the 414 , 361. Both had duals, 966 would spin tires continuously and 806 would just lug a bit and keep pulling.

2 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

yes , your right i just didnt think of the actual drawbar. we had a guy in the antique pulls and he was only hooking to the horseshoe and then they made him install drawbars on his tractors. then he cut them off to the minimum length..

28 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Our 4640 had a pto.  We never thought we would use it until we got a pull type bale wagon.  

My moms cousin had a 4030 and they traded that for a new 4240. The 4240 was nailed into a little granary made into a tractor shed in the fall after hay moving was done. It wasn’t to be started until spring for field work. The 4240 was the big tractor you used old small gas tractors all winter

Pretty sure the only PTO work our 1486 ever saw was the anhydrous pump on the old applicator.