Jump to content

Wheels at Wanaka 2021 ,New Zealand


Recommended Posts

Wheels at Wanaka is a show held every two years in Wanaka ,Central Otago. It basically is several shows all put together in one 50 acre location, cars ,motorbikes ,trucks ,tractors , earthmovers ,tractor and truck pulling and many other displays. It is the only show of its type in NZ. 

Here are just a sample of what was on display. I know how much you guys like photos .Sorry some of the photography is not the best.  Hopefully IH Kiwi will have something to add.

Marty,NZ

20210403_135945.thumb.jpg.c87a463214dea61d2fc957457a0ff4d0.jpg

20210403_135956.thumb.jpg.bee048ba615e9e4475888cd01096507d.jpg

1586839222_20210403_140058(2).thumb.jpg.918a523c3d417145cad02a3e60c1f2d7.jpg

20210403_140046.thumb.jpg.a2ec71ff3bc4e3ace40c13e365ed2c87.jpg

20210403_140040.thumb.jpg.49e90ff866f2aff74164f2aeba668f8a.jpg

20210403_140007.thumb.jpg.16da4306e5ef7dd381c3613ebd072ae0.jpg

20210403_140736.thumb.jpg.ce2e45b948e97c848fc551533b8db5e3.jpg

20210403_141255.thumb.jpg.0219f7464d5f4e59454cdcfd5e5225df.jpg

20210403_141201.thumb.jpg.aebb9bb08ce19189a8812f717098a56b.jpg

20210403_141022.thumb.jpg.c6be28b9d87dec856ac104af6aa91975.jpg

20210404_142307.thumb.jpg.559838410fbed70681b7f03e73bb73e7.jpg

20210404_142319.thumb.jpg.aa0e783f8ae870ff518f14c36e358d27.jpg

20210404_172415.thumb.jpg.2197482fb153af4b169bf9bb8210c9c1.jpg

20210404_161411.thumb.jpg.4c046f1ceb67b6fa55429482cb7a6fb3.jpg

20210403_132930.thumb.jpg.e321617d3182d65c109ef83e1b327185.jpg

20210403_165208.thumb.jpg.8a9454098dc92996d1a2de089f2ead62.jpg

20210403_143647.thumb.jpg.e8c17c9639d2ac06272e182cec6c1c6e.jpg

20210404_093634.thumb.jpg.bb09da256da1ebde034b6c724d12c499.jpg

20210404_171206.thumb.jpg.ccc403b42d22fc4f2a697acf7d40f42f.jpg

20210404_150151.thumb.jpg.6bcf13ace943a6bf192b2fc76d5a9e62.jpg

20210404_123713.thumb.jpg.29c79514f102a3f6d8ca3290b54a172d.jpg

20210404_123824.thumb.jpg.235563503599b9370d577607286441ff.jpg

20210404_123657.thumb.jpg.7a2eff068ec0ae5552aa24c6994dcdbb.jpg

20210403_171657.thumb.jpg.8624522e70d8a04983db3259ef29da90.jpg

20210404_123038.thumb.jpg.ea7354d069b2711a26662af3393e0646.jpg

20210404_123054.thumb.jpg.156a59b45c9724a3fabb5537dc0a7ef5.jpg

20210404_123759.thumb.jpg.ed305a2d64e166b2b7b362d3564baa8f.jpg

20210404_123629.thumb.jpg.f953a3d01ed3675248e818c9bac19eae.jpg

20210404_123620.thumb.jpg.f86ec0d978db9c2876bda238ea1e4868.jpg

20210404_123604.thumb.jpg.2e40ba677dbda6475217d89a54c183f8.jpg

20210404_123538.thumb.jpg.ec212177201a384932a9f479f86f96b1.jpg

20210404_093710.thumb.jpg.01245a6dd7de3507518c872c7d4b53e8.jpg

20210403_171633.thumb.jpg.9d5a26ffb0991b29c5938f58b9dcbcb6.jpg

20210403_171621.thumb.jpg.5d2812e1cd9de8cbe14d4e3e50ccd590.jpg

20210403_165257.thumb.jpg.3b2d7d9a078267d0d87da6bd913134c3.jpg

20210403_165042.thumb.jpg.b5f27c141bf23e41cf8d68470d100b22.jpg

20210403_165054.thumb.jpg.262945fdc228fa829e3a73f09e21f19b.jpg

20210402_173113.thumb.jpg.32231f5687df019b77ea9909d9105f32.jpg

20210403_154257.thumb.jpg.698bb808b58fe7b2503d46d2667b6b67.jpg

20210403_151041.thumb.jpg.833bd4505b90afdb90ff653eb9ba8eac.jpg

20210403_151111.thumb.jpg.91cecf08d3dd2fa9bd9bbeba4839ae43.jpg

20210403_154126.thumb.jpg.06deb4537af927beffe79666664c9893.jpg

20210403_154431.thumb.jpg.f0c0ed4af32ae873778c21d274087f3e.jpg

20210403_154338.thumb.jpg.2e9d922a9041670ef7d3f6b6da700bf1.jpg

20210403_154936.thumb.jpg.d9a384018b685b31dd6d1050eafe4299.jpg

20210403_154507.thumb.jpg.60ac70e160c856415e1930522eacf482.jpg

20210403_161141.thumb.jpg.9a634624b45f82cd9be8823f9fb574c8.jpg

20210403_161104(0).thumb.jpg.04cae760282c8a5ac75f3c2f431721ba.jpg

20210403_161047.thumb.jpg.3b2067c59f1e85ef2ea4d16d22594c70.jpg

20210403_161024.thumb.jpg.54327d9d2a115b07d3298c92a1c122c3.jpg

20210403_161154.thumb.jpg.f74fdc64f6bfe13e27e143e3e960d830.jpg

20210403_161806.thumb.jpg.2e26e8ad0b279b6a18312f626ddddd3f.jpg

20210403_161354.thumb.jpg.c6626f6b031958eed8abb9bc745f3a3a.jpg

 

 

20210402_174152.jpg

20210403_145155.jpg

20210404_093634.jpg

20210404_110808.jpg

20210404_145817.jpg

20210404_164101.jpg

20210404_150106.jpg

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice.  What is the story behind the axle right behind the steering axle on some of the trucks.  I haven't ever seen anything like that here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some photos from the tractor pulling. 

Marty,NZ

 

20210404_153801_Moment.thumb.jpg.e61256921721a5d39e246c358a888829.jpg

20210404_154529_Moment.thumb.jpg.88990cc466ec28ce078ba3520d6f220a.jpg

20210404_153250_Moment.thumb.jpg.4bcb1c4f851a6597236125edff64f3e1.jpg

20210404_152137_Moment.thumb.jpg.8dcfd8c69fb927171f0b75f6bc26c96a.jpg

20210404_154214_Moment(2).thumb.jpg.0d3e9b51ab34e51163310eb8ad086609.jpg

20210404_154214_Moment.thumb.jpg.f5f8c148a15d414c1a3d4f935d02a39d.jpg

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Nice.  What is the story behind the axle right behind the steering axle on some of the trucks.  I haven't ever seen anything like that here.

It is a second steering axle due to our axle weight limits here. Stops us overloading the front axle.

 

Marty,NZ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Martin Thompson changed the title to Wheels at Wanaka 2021 ,New Zealand
5 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

That "1086" puller sure looks like a pulling machine, what's the powerplant and transmission setup in it ?

The engine is a 16V71 Detroit  but not sure on the transmission but possibly an allison auto.

Marty,NZ

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I can only imagine the eardrum bursting noise that it must make when doing it's thing.  Looks like it was an enjoyable weekend!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Thanks, I can only imagine the eardrum bursting noise that it must make when doing it's thing.  Looks like it was an enjoyable weekend!

It was not that bad with the turbos ,but there was lots of noise everywhere over the weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next question tho Marty is

Did IH kiwi front?

2nd question

If he did - was he well behaved lol?

Looks like you guys had plenty of IH gear to swoon over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Martin Thompson said:

Wheels at Wanaka is a show held every two years in Wanaka ,Central Otago. It basically is several shows all put together in one 50 acre location, cars ,motorbikes ,trucks ,tractors , earthmovers ,tractor and truck pulling and many other displays. It is the only show of its type in NZ. 

Here are just a sample of what was on display. I know how much you guys like photos .Sorry some of the photography is not the best.  Hopefully IH Kiwi will have something to add.

Marty,NZ

20210403_135945.thumb.jpg.c87a463214dea61d2fc957457a0ff4d0.jpg

20210403_135956.thumb.jpg.bee048ba615e9e4475888cd01096507d.jpg

1586839222_20210403_140058(2).thumb.jpg.918a523c3d417145cad02a3e60c1f2d7.jpg

20210403_140046.thumb.jpg.a2ec71ff3bc4e3ace40c13e365ed2c87.jpg

20210403_140040.thumb.jpg.49e90ff866f2aff74164f2aeba668f8a.jpg

20210403_140007.thumb.jpg.16da4306e5ef7dd381c3613ebd072ae0.jpg

20210403_140736.thumb.jpg.ce2e45b948e97c848fc551533b8db5e3.jpg

20210403_141255.thumb.jpg.0219f7464d5f4e59454cdcfd5e5225df.jpg

20210403_141201.thumb.jpg.aebb9bb08ce19189a8812f717098a56b.jpg

20210403_141022.thumb.jpg.c6be28b9d87dec856ac104af6aa91975.jpg

20210404_142307.thumb.jpg.559838410fbed70681b7f03e73bb73e7.jpg

20210404_142319.thumb.jpg.aa0e783f8ae870ff518f14c36e358d27.jpg

20210404_172415.thumb.jpg.2197482fb153af4b169bf9bb8210c9c1.jpg

20210404_161411.thumb.jpg.4c046f1ceb67b6fa55429482cb7a6fb3.jpg

20210403_132930.thumb.jpg.e321617d3182d65c109ef83e1b327185.jpg

20210403_165208.thumb.jpg.8a9454098dc92996d1a2de089f2ead62.jpg

20210403_143647.thumb.jpg.e8c17c9639d2ac06272e182cec6c1c6e.jpg

20210404_093634.thumb.jpg.bb09da256da1ebde034b6c724d12c499.jpg

20210404_171206.thumb.jpg.ccc403b42d22fc4f2a697acf7d40f42f.jpg

20210404_150151.thumb.jpg.6bcf13ace943a6bf192b2fc76d5a9e62.jpg

20210404_123713.thumb.jpg.29c79514f102a3f6d8ca3290b54a172d.jpg

20210404_123824.thumb.jpg.235563503599b9370d577607286441ff.jpg

20210404_123657.thumb.jpg.7a2eff068ec0ae5552aa24c6994dcdbb.jpg

20210403_171657.thumb.jpg.8624522e70d8a04983db3259ef29da90.jpg

20210404_123038.thumb.jpg.ea7354d069b2711a26662af3393e0646.jpg

20210404_123054.thumb.jpg.156a59b45c9724a3fabb5537dc0a7ef5.jpg

20210404_123759.thumb.jpg.ed305a2d64e166b2b7b362d3564baa8f.jpg

20210404_123629.thumb.jpg.f953a3d01ed3675248e818c9bac19eae.jpg

20210404_123620.thumb.jpg.f86ec0d978db9c2876bda238ea1e4868.jpg

20210404_123604.thumb.jpg.2e40ba677dbda6475217d89a54c183f8.jpg

20210404_123538.thumb.jpg.ec212177201a384932a9f479f86f96b1.jpg

20210404_093710.thumb.jpg.01245a6dd7de3507518c872c7d4b53e8.jpg

20210403_171633.thumb.jpg.9d5a26ffb0991b29c5938f58b9dcbcb6.jpg

20210403_171621.thumb.jpg.5d2812e1cd9de8cbe14d4e3e50ccd590.jpg

20210403_165257.thumb.jpg.3b2d7d9a078267d0d87da6bd913134c3.jpg

20210403_165042.thumb.jpg.b5f27c141bf23e41cf8d68470d100b22.jpg

20210403_165054.thumb.jpg.262945fdc228fa829e3a73f09e21f19b.jpg

20210402_173113.thumb.jpg.32231f5687df019b77ea9909d9105f32.jpg

20210403_154257.thumb.jpg.698bb808b58fe7b2503d46d2667b6b67.jpg

20210403_151041.thumb.jpg.833bd4505b90afdb90ff653eb9ba8eac.jpg

20210403_151111.thumb.jpg.91cecf08d3dd2fa9bd9bbeba4839ae43.jpg

20210403_154126.thumb.jpg.06deb4537af927beffe79666664c9893.jpg

20210403_154431.thumb.jpg.f0c0ed4af32ae873778c21d274087f3e.jpg

20210403_154338.thumb.jpg.2e9d922a9041670ef7d3f6b6da700bf1.jpg

20210403_154936.thumb.jpg.d9a384018b685b31dd6d1050eafe4299.jpg

20210403_154507.thumb.jpg.60ac70e160c856415e1930522eacf482.jpg

20210403_161141.thumb.jpg.9a634624b45f82cd9be8823f9fb574c8.jpg

20210403_161104(0).thumb.jpg.04cae760282c8a5ac75f3c2f431721ba.jpg

20210403_161047.thumb.jpg.3b2067c59f1e85ef2ea4d16d22594c70.jpg

20210403_161024.thumb.jpg.54327d9d2a115b07d3298c92a1c122c3.jpg

20210403_161154.thumb.jpg.f74fdc64f6bfe13e27e143e3e960d830.jpg

20210403_161806.thumb.jpg.2e26e8ad0b279b6a18312f626ddddd3f.jpg

20210403_161354.thumb.jpg.c6626f6b031958eed8abb9bc745f3a3a.jpg

 

 

20210402_174152.jpg

20210403_145155.jpg

20210404_093634.jpg

20210404_110808.jpg

20210404_145817.jpg

20210404_164101.jpg

20210404_150106.jpg

Do you think that little green int.with the five window cab is factory or a good fabrication?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Very cool Marty , looks like a great show , I’m liking all semi’s and heavy equipment ??

Danny 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, 35desoto said:

The next question tho Marty is

Did IH kiwi front?

2nd question

If he did - was he well behaved lol?

Looks like you guys had plenty of IH gear to swoon over

Yes IH Kiwi fronted up. Strangely he was actually well behaved this time. He had his brothers Scout Traveler on display. (old photo as I didn't get one of it at Wanaka).

FB_IMG_1521960480355.jpg.8e8ada0460f6ef72ab7412ce9bf81b21.jpg

Heath's father (Old IH Kiwi) had his Scout 80 on display too (also an old photo as I didn't get one at Wanaka). 

FB_IMG_1521960432729.jpg.79adb3d7f9afb586b3a50b99ad8949e2.jpg

2 years time we may have to send you a new passport to come have a look.

Marty,NZ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, augercreek said:

Do you think that little green int.with the five window cab is factory or a good fabrication?

That is a AL110. It is factory. Built in Australia, the body from the front fenders back was built for IH by Chrysler. 

20210404_110808.thumb.jpg.21996a6b48b9cf98d7935d0e428f1c95.jpg

IH Kiwi owns this one. One day he may get to restoring it.

FB_IMG_1521963455468.jpg.924dd61e0b645672e97682c295c5ac36.jpg

Marty,NZ 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

20210403_161141.thumb.jpg.3b778886ac56bc0b5c11233edc63a424.jpg

Whats the story about this?

Actually other than it is a Euclid 16tdt twin engine scrapper (Detroit), I don't know much about it. I know there we lots of scrappers of this style used in the hydro schemes especially if some distance was traveled.

I did find this online though. Hopefully is answers your question.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://contractormag.co.nz/classic-machines/scrapers/euclids-16tdt-scraper/&ved=2ahUKEwiy0cn1mOjvAhWs-nMBHQ2iCSUQFjAAegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw3u5U2Uw9V81B0ib1VwQoy

Marty,NZ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...