Friday we got our 180 pounds of potatoes planted. We still use the old planter I made 35 years ago. Other people have borrowed it to plant their spuds with as well.

A few pix of it and of course one of the job inspector making sure everything is up to par. lol!

Any of you guys do gardens?

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, SONNY said:

Friday we got our 180 pounds of potatoes planted. We still use the old planter I made 35 years ago. Other people have borrowed it to plant their spuds with as well.

A few pix of it and of course one of the job inspector making sure everything is up to par. lol!

Any of you guys do gardens?

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

Boy you are going to have a bountiful crop. The old saying up here is have the potatoes planted on Good Friday. Some years you need a snowblower and thaws all to get them in the ground 

My great grand father was very serious about planting his on Good Friday, me not quite as particular , will be planting mine tomorrow along with my onions 😎

we are still getting rid of snow SONNY

maybe in a few weeks up here

Mike

nice planter

NW Washington will be getting started shortly if the weather stays nice, Like to be done by Memorial day. Some years with wet weather it's middle to late June. Couple of guys have started. For some reason I'm not excited to get rolling as I was in the past.

Nice planter Sonny.

Ran over and tilled moms garden just a lil bit ago after putting tiller on the kubota. It tilled up pretty nice. 

My garden I ran over it lightly yesterday to break up the surface with the Honda walk behind dad bought new in the late 70s. Our garden is at bottom of the hill in our back yard and we sometimes have trouble getting it dry enough in spring. I checked it a lil while ago and could make a ball with what I dug just below the surface.  Don't know if it will be dry enough tomorrow or not. Chance of rain most of the week so we will see. 

our onions were planted the 24'th of March this year----- we use plants and have good luck with them. Spuds and onions need to be in early. Most of our place is dry now,--- dried fast once it started. I used the neighbors 706 and tiller a couple days ago to stir the fall plowed ground ---- kinda made it awful fine.  He brings us horse manure from his daughters stable and right now she is boarding 14  horses , so that makes for a lot! --- we mix that in and plow it deep in the fall. right now we are stockpiling til fall.

That's a pretty cool setup. I  plant using an old 20s era planter that I have. I am Russian Orthodox,  so we get extra time to plant our potatos, as our Good Friday is almost a month later! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1