Hough international H60 payloader

I have never been around a H60, but have had some newer IH and Dresser loaders. Almost always, at least the ones I've been around, you check the oil while running. That vintage probably used Dexron ATF or 10W engine oil, The ones I have had said either or.

DWF

2 hours ago, DWF said:

I have never been around a H60, but have had some newer IH and Dresser loaders. Almost always, at least the ones I've been around, you check the oil while running. That vintage probably used Dexron ATF or 10W engine oil, The ones I have had said either or.

DWF

Nice looking machine!

Although I don't have the Hough H60 book handy, I'll say that like DWF said they usually call for 10w engine oil or Dextron ATF(recommended for colder climates). Unfortunately 10w engine oil is hard to find these days and the "10w IH NO# 1 Engine Oil" that is specified in my manual just got obsoleted by Case IH last year.

I'm sure you know, but just in case. The hydraulic oil is a separate system on these. For hydraulic oil it calls for 30w engine oil(Non-Detergent to prevent foaming) in most Payloaders I have seen of that era.

might be a few used parts at scrapyards ----- dont know of any new ones. What motor does yours have? Neighbor just bought an H-50, his has the 806 gas motor in it. He did get a book with his.

My H-50 has red fluid in it defiantly Dexron. It only holds 15 or 16 quarts, It may be a good time to drain it down and check the sump strainer and refill it with some fresh stuff. I don't know if the H-60 had the same converter but once I found the filter number it was easy to cross over to a Napa filter. 

Hydraulic filter.....WIX 51140

Torque Converter Filter.......WIX 51136

WIX Filters.com

Unfortunately nobody supports the Hough line anymore. Whats left of the remaining parts are owned by Komatsu, but they aren't any help without part numbers. Most of the engines were IH engines used in other equipment like AG tractors, so some engine stuff can be gotten through Case IH still.

If you get the original parts manual for the machine it goes a long way in searching when you have the part number. Ebay or JenSales can fix you up. BinderBooks doesn't have much for loaders. Make sure you get the parts manual for the machine(chassis), and the engine. They are separate.

There are a few salvage yards that specialize in the former IH lines, and bought up a lot of old IH, Hough, and Dresser dealer inventory of NOS parts. Such as FP Smith in California, Brown International Services in Canada, and I think a guy on here named Tom Brakeall was running a business supporting IH construction parts called Dozer Parts Warehouse(?).